X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MastaG
    replied
    Originally posted by arglebargle View Post

Hybrid graphics with nvidia work fine on X and Wayland now, I've been running Wayland exclusively since nvidia added support.

I use Arch, btw.
    You sure?
    I'm also using hybrid Intel+nVidia.
    I'm on Fedora 35, but last time I checked the udev rules, there was one that explicitly enforces Xorg for GDM/Gnome Desktop if the Nvidia GPU is not the primary one.
    I've tried to remove it and Wayland works, however I wasn't able to enable my external monitor.

So I think Wayland on Nvidia GBM still has some trouble with hybrid setups.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• arglebargle
    replied
    Originally posted by cewbdex View Post
    I guess I'm out of luck with hybrid graphics on laptop 🙃
    Hybrid graphics with nvidia work fine on X and Wayland now, I've been running Wayland exclusively since nvidia added support.

I use Arch, btw.

Leave a comment:

• ALRBP
    replied
    Originally posted by cewbdex View Post
    Just nuke any Nvidia driver and forget about the Nvidia GPU. I did that on my old Intel+Nvidia laptop and everything worked fine, including 3D games.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Finally! Even though NVIDIA shouldn't have doubted about GBM from the start...

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    this is rad!

Leave a comment:

• cewbdex
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fedora 36 Planning To Run Wayland By Default With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

Phoronix: Fedora 36 Planning To Run Wayland By Default With NVIDIA's Proprietary Driver

While all of the software components are out there now for being able to run NVIDIA's proprietary driver stack with modern (GBM-based) Wayland compositors by default, including XWayland support, Fedora Workstation currently defaults to using an X.Org based session with the green binary blob. However, for Fedora 36 next spring they are planning on using the Wayland-based desktop here too...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...NVIDIA-Wayland
Working...
X