Proof-Of-Concept Work Brings systemd To Ubuntu WSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Microsoft wants to destroy Linux from the inside.
    It's not the 90's anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
      So, all the hubbub about Edge in Win11 doesn't give you the same feeling as Explorer circa 1997 - 2000? Um. OK.

Comment

Originally posted by bitterseeds View Post

So, all the hubbub about Edge in Win11 doesn't give you the same feeling as Explorer circa 1997 - 2000? Um. OK.
        You mean the recent “links are only opened in Edge” hubbub? An option has been added to change that.

Besides, we were talking about MS and Linux, not MS and Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          Traitors helping the devil!
          Clearly, you're speaking of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

You mean the recent “links are only opened in Edge” hubbub? An option has been added to change that.

Besides, we were talking about MS and Linux, not MS and Windows.
            Yeah, I know what we were talking about and since this was what I was responding to ... "It's not the 90's anymore." then I would not be so dismissive and snarky about my comment. And as of yesterday, the Developer Preview of Windows 11 had a fix on their side to STOP folks from avoiding their Edge browser.

I've been a Linux user since 1995 and I remember Microsoft and what they did regarding Linux and everything else in the 90s. So, yeah. Mansplain elsewhere. heh.

Comment

Of course it does. And it affects Windows users, not Linux users. MS now seems friendlier towards Linux than towards Windows

Comment

when microsofts actually cares about linux will be the day microsoft starts supporting projects like wine and opening up direct x spec and their api's.

Comment

It's basically Chrome with a facelift and instead of Google it will send it's shit to MS. IE circa 1997 was MS's own product, Edge is just a clone of Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
                    For instance, now when you complain that hardware is broken on Linux, they say "oh, just leave Windows and run your crazy stuff on WSL!".

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                      Microsoft isn't Linux-friendly for a good reason, but instead it is because Microsoft wants to destroy Linux from the inside.
                      right... its like Birdie who always claims linux will never be a comercial success .... this poisonous people just want to destroy everything what is "good"

there are so many different stradegies to hurt the linux community this CLA-WAR bullshit is the same they know some people can NEVER agree to CLA-WAR

but they do it anyway... they do it by "purpose" it is all 1000 pinpricks stradegy to confuse the people so they believe open-source is not real opensource...

i think WSL/WSL2 has one main purpose: to make sure for every person who use "WSL" there is one person less who fight for linux-driver-support on their hardware.
                      This stradegy makes sure people because their hardware has no driver support end up forced to use windows and WSL...
                      this in the end will end up in windows-only hardware and if a person ask i want to install linux they get the answer: just install windows and use WSL...
                      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                      X