Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof-Of-Concept Work Brings systemd To Ubuntu WSL

Phoronix: Proof-Of-Concept Work Brings systemd To Ubuntu WSL

Currently when running Linux distributions within Microsoft's Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), systemd isn't used but that could soon be changing at least for Ubuntu...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Traitors helping the devil!

Comment

Wonderful. Now the svchost.exe-inspired virus can loop back around and reinfect patient zero.

Comment

"Getting systemd working well on systemd..."

Comment

System V init does not work well as well

missing /etc/inittab. ignoring scripts in /etc/rc.d

etc.

Comment

Uh oh - looks like EEE is gonna EEE!!

Comment

I use Linux at work and my favorite part of this is that now when the stuff I make doesnt work by simply installing its equivalent dependencies on Windows, I just tell the devs who insist on using Windows to use WSL2 instead of wasting time debugging why it wont start on their OS, which as a side effect ensures it will remain Linux-only backend software, and it will force them to learn the Linux workflow. It also saves me from having to ever boot Windows to find which useless feature is preventing it from working.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: Proof-Of-Concept Work Brings systemd To Ubuntu WSL
                Getting systemd working well on WSL would address issues like systemctl not working on WSL
                1077.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=8b64549f744832ec68da58192ec01028.jpg
                #5CharacterMin

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  Traitors helping the devil!
                  So first Linux users complain that Ballmer called Linux “a cancer” and now that MS has become more Linux-friendly, Linux users are going to call MS names? How childish.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

So first Linux users complain that Ballmer called Linux “a cancer” and now that MS has become more Linux-friendly, Linux users are going to call MS names? How childish.
                    Microsoft isn't Linux-friendly for a good reason, but instead it is because Microsoft wants to destroy Linux from the inside.

Comment

Working...
                    X