Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch Linux Installer Updated With Btrfs Subvolumes Support, Reworked Partitioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firnefex View Post

Why is this not Arch Linux? He provides different DE's and themes, but overall just Arch with an Calamares installer.
    Because it includes an extra repository with things like application configurations, themes, and other repositories. That makes it a derivative of Arch in the same way that Mint and PopOS are not Ubuntu, but derivatives of Ubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      Manjaro installer installing regular Arch would be cool.
      https://archlinuxgui.in/ there you go

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
        Waiting for another distro that has the integration with BTRFS like OpenSUSE does, including the various BTRFS configuration options in the installer and the way OpenSUSE does the setup automatically.
        If you spend so much time re-installing your OS that the features of the installer become a selling point, then you really need to change to a better distro...

I'm using Arch and have installed it a few times on top of a btrfs partition with multiple subvolumes. There's nothing in the standard way of installing Arch Linux that would stand in your way. But then again I'm not using any wizards. Just the plain old "install.txt" (which is now a wiki page)...

Comment

Originally posted by curfew View Post
          If you spend so much time re-installing your OS that the features of the installer become a selling point, then you really need to change to a better distro...

I'm using Arch and have installed it a few times on top of a btrfs partition with multiple subvolumes. There's nothing in the standard way of installing Arch Linux that would stand in your way. But then again I'm not using any wizards. Just the plain old "install.txt" (which is now a wiki page)...
          The problem is that setting up Arch with Btrfs like openSUSE does is a mayor pain in the ass.
          I've switched from openSUSE Tumbleweed to Arch but I had to give up Btrfs (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
            Waiting for another distro that has the integration with BTRFS like OpenSUSE does, including the various BTRFS configuration options in the installer and the way OpenSUSE does the setup automatically.
            I really miss that from openSUSE

Comment

Mint has pretty good support for btrfs including snapshots etc

Comment

Working...
              X