X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• om26er
    replied
    Originally posted by linner View Post

Heh, for 10 years I did work for Microsoft and only ever ran Windows in a VM on Linux.
    I worked for Canonical for 6 years and saw a few developers running Linux in a VM on macOS host. So there is that...

Leave a comment:

• linner
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post
    Out of curiosity, what was your role at MS?
    I was never an employee, only a contractor. I worked in security. Mostly obscure (at the time) niche stuff like smartcards, biometrics, cryptography, and the associated applications. A lot of that stuff is so common nowadays that people don't even think about it but back then almost everything had to be done from scratch.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by linner View Post

Heh, for 10 years I did work for Microsoft and only ever ran Windows in a VM on Linux.
    Out of curiosity, what was your role at MS?

Leave a comment:

• linner
    replied
    Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
    Prolly the high class MS devs using it at home, so they don't get spied on by their co-workers.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
    Prolly the high class MS devs using it at home, so they don't get spied on by their co-workers.
    I take it you're not aware that this isn't a "proper" distro that can be used as a desktop OS:

https://www.stationx.net/what-is-cbl-mariner/

Leave a comment:

• Nuc!eoN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Microsoft Publishes October 2021 Update For Its Linux Distribution

Phoronix: Microsoft Publishes October 2021 Update For Its Linux Distribution

Microsoft today released its monthly update to CBL-Mariner, its internal Linux distribution that is used for a variety of purposes at the Windows company...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...riner-Oct-2021
Working...
X