Microsoft Publishes October 2021 Update For Its Linux Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Publishes October 2021 Update For Its Linux Distribution

Phoronix: Microsoft Publishes October 2021 Update For Its Linux Distribution

Microsoft today released its monthly update to CBL-Mariner, its internal Linux distribution that is used for a variety of purposes at the Windows company...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...riner-Oct-2021

Prolly the high class MS devs using it at home, so they don't get spied on by their co-workers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
      Prolly the high class MS devs using it at home, so they don't get spied on by their co-workers.
      I take it you're not aware that this isn't a "proper" distro that can be used as a desktop OS:

https://www.stationx.net/what-is-cbl-mariner/

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
        Heh, for 10 years I did work for Microsoft and only ever ran Windows in a VM on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post

Heh, for 10 years I did work for Microsoft and only ever ran Windows in a VM on Linux.
          Out of curiosity, what was your role at MS?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
            Out of curiosity, what was your role at MS?
            I was never an employee, only a contractor. I worked in security. Mostly obscure (at the time) niche stuff like smartcards, biometrics, cryptography, and the associated applications. A lot of that stuff is so common nowadays that people don't even think about it but back then almost everything had to be done from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post

I worked for Canonical for 6 years and saw a few developers running Linux in a VM on macOS host. So there is that...

Comment

Working...
              X