Ubuntu Continues Work On Flutter+Dart Written Firmware-Updater Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
    I guess Canonical will do everything to not use Qt, and even GTK now !
    Always wasting time and resources on stuff nobody asked for.
    Well, personally I disagree with how The Qt company manages Qt currently.
    And I disagree with the direction the GTK devs want to develop GTK in the future.
    So what else should I do iyo?
    Ofc there are also other options like wxWidgets or Avalonia, but I dislike C# (and Java) and considering how wxWidgets work, I don't trust it to not introduce too many platform specific bugs (which is actually a valid concern with their method).

Comment

Love the general toxic replies on phoronix, nothing surprising. I hope these nerds will get their head out their ass and realize that Gtk is crap and the developer writing apps for Gtk would be easy to count. Flutter OTH is a big opportunity for Linux to grab, we may fail BUT if we succeed, imagine when company X decides to move their apps to Flutter for cost saving purposes and Linux gets a port for "free" (with little effort, really).

Comment

Originally posted by om26er
        Love the general toxic replies on phoronix, nothing surprising. I hope these nerds will get their head out their ass and realize that Gtk is crap and the developer writing apps for Gtk would be easy to count. Flutter OTH is a big opportunity for Linux to grab, we may fail BUT if we succeed, imagine when company X decides to move their apps to Flutter for cost saving purposes and Linux gets a port for "free" (with little effort, really).
        I’m actually shocked that someone had the insight to post this :P

I’m not particularly fond of Google, but you would have to be a fool not to see the potential here. Flutter has a good shot on Android, and imagine if an app written for Android could be ported to Linux with almost no effort? It’s a lot harder to justify writing a GTK app than it is to say “use these widgets on Ubuntu”.

Doing a mobile OS would be far simpler too. A shame Flutter wasn’t out back then.

Comment

Working...
        X