Canonical Looking For Community Feedback As Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Development Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
    advice: Keep biases out. Snaps make sense for some things. You can uninstall any snap and reinstall the apt package. Don’t make a big fuss about something that doesn’t need to be. It’s not *your* distribution to call all the shots but you’re welcome to customize it.
    Snaps don't make sense at all. It's broken POS. You can sometimes replace them, but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
      Ok, can you explain to me how to remove the chromium-browser snap and install the .deb version? Because that would be great.
      I'm also waiting for an answer to this.

Comment

Man, the Phoronix forum. Some interesting characters here.

cl333r nice straw man, but that's literally what I said. Read that post again, sounds like you skimmed through it, bud bud.
        JPFSanders Look up the word "bias" - you obviously have no idea what it means or what you are talking about. You can type: snap list to see the ones that are installed and "snap remove <package>" and then "apt install <package>" Done. See how easy?
        Volta fair - I'm not the biggest fan of snaps but I like it for multipass and some others if I ever need it.

For chromium-browser, I don't use it. I'm a man, I use Firefox. You should, too. No reason to use Chromium anymore. Absolutely zero. Get with the times.

Anything else?

Comment

For chromium-browser, I don't use it. I'm a man, I use Firefox. You should, too. No reason to use Chromium anymore. Absolutely zero. Get with the times.
          Anything else?
          You're not tall enough for this ride chump.

Comment

Man, the Phoronix forum. Some interesting characters here.

cl333r nice straw man, but that's literally what I said. Read that post again, sounds like you skimmed through it, bud bud.
            No, you wrote users should not criticize snap, I wrote that they should.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              No, you wrote users should not criticize snap, I wrote that they should.

No, read it *again*. I said Snaps make sense for some things. Like Firefox, so the user always has an up-to-date web browser and not surfing the web unknowingly with security holes. (e.g. think grandma who may not run the Software Update every other day)

Previously, gnome-logs, gnome-monitor, etc were all installed as snaps. *That* was a mistake. They've corrected it. That's what I'm talking about. That's good feedback. Saying "gtfo with Snaps we don't like them" is an okay opinion to have. Doesn't mean they have to do whatever you think is the best course for them as a company. They've done a ton for the Linux distribution. Yet you guys show them zero respect. Ok. Whatever you guys say.

EDIT: will_smith-pain.jpeg

It finished at around 57s, not the end of the world, but I bet the haters are rejoicing as we speak, but it likely how to do with me removing the snap-store, so I'm okay with this. Will let you guys know if it happens again. That's where I draw the line. /endedit
              Last edited by perpetually high; 26 October 2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

the possibility of restoring a global menu
                I'd love it!!

Comment

No, read it *again*. I said Snaps make sense for some things. Like Firefox, so the user always has an up-to-date web browser and not surfing the web unknowingly with security holes. (e.g. think grandma who may not run the Software Update every other day)

Previously, gnome-logs, gnome-monitor, etc were all installed as snaps. *That* was a mistake. They've corrected it. That's what I'm talking about. That's good feedback. Saying "gtfo with Snaps we don't like them" is an okay opinion to have. Doesn't mean they have to do whatever you think is the best course for them as a company. They've done a ton for the Linux distribution. Yet you guys show them zero respect. Ok. Whatever you guys say.
                  No, I read it again, and you clearly don't want criticism of snap:
                  advice: Keep biases out. Snaps make sense for some things. You can uninstall any snap and reinstall the apt package. Don’t make a big fuss about something that doesn’t need to be. It’s not *your* distribution to call all the shots but you’re welcome to customize it.
                  And I'm saying people should tell what they think, not a pasteurized censored version that would make Canonical misinterpret people's opinions.

Comment

cl333r you lack reading comprehension. Done here.

Comment

cl333r you lack reading comprehension. Done here.
                      You're lowkey trying to silence people, please keep your bloody claws away from people's freedom of speech.

Comment

Working...
                      X