Canonical Looking For Community Feedback As Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Development Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

My wishlist would be to bring back Unity, global menu, compiz, and associated patching of gnome packages to make this possible. If not then discontinue the "desktop" flavor of Ubuntu altogether since Fedora has been doing much better job and could use the effort that went into Ubuntu to make Fedora even better (Fedora has its own problems, dnf isn't as good, lack of many packages that rpmfusion tries to solve but isn't as solid as ubuntu's packages). More focus should go toward headless Ubuntu Server LTS.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
        For chromium-browser, I don't use it. I'm a man, I use Firefox. You should, too. No reason to use Chromium anymore. Absolutely zero. Get with the times.
        That's not really a good reason for keeping snaps, especially since Canonical plan of replacing the Firefox .deb with a snap.

Comment

Difficult question, as most issues arise upstream.
          Be it in wine, firefox, libreoffice,thunderbird or other applications.
          Drivers for devices are a kernel/mesa thing and can be blamed on the manufacturers.

So i think other than applying pressure at various hardware and software vendors, a bitlocker-tpm compatible version of systemd and cryptsetup would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
            Replace the broken and not free software compatible ZFS with BTRFS.
            Why not offer the user a choice? OpenZFS should definitely be an option on the Server installer.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high
              edit: funny, your comment *already* got 1 like. How?
              Insecure much?

Comment

For chromium-browser, I don't use it. I'm a man, I use Firefox. You should, too. No reason to use Chromium anymore. Absolutely zero. Get with the times.

Anything else?
                Snap version of Eclipse. It's another problematic application. I once tried to install it in Ubuntu 20.10, but it didn't work. Works fine* in Fedora.

* by fine I mean it installs and runs, but applications itself is one huge mess. Plug in install/upgrade process is sometimes totally broken.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

You're lowkey trying to silence people, please keep your bloody claws away from people's freedom of speech.
                  Nah, I'm lowkey shitting on all you trolls and haters (not calling you one, but today you were) that frequent these forums thinking they're immune to anyone calling them out on their bullshit, shitty takes.

That's the funny part. I never said you can't post. But if someone deletes my post - that's censorship. Learn a few things. You been here since 2009? Learn more.

All Ubuntu needs to do is add an option to the installer. "Do you want snaps? Yes/No" Solved.

Comment

Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post

Insecure much?
                    Not at all, bro bro. If you think my 951 comments here are for Likes, says more about you than me. I just find it funny how you guys think Likes means anything or that it makes your *argument* look better. It's all weak. No likes. We should do away with it. Go back to the oldschool forum rules. No usernames. Just solid opinions that lead to good discussions, conversations, and debates. Trolls are not welcome, though.

Comment

“get with the times” sounds like some sort of popularity thing. The last time Firefox was popular was at least a decade ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X