X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    skeevy420

• skeevy420
    replied
    Nice. Especially since Schedutil was used with 21.10. Anecdotally, with games I tended to have better results (fps, frame time, feels) with Performance and OnDemand. On my old Xeons I found that Schedutil was more keen to both hold it lower and ramp it lower faster than OnDemand (acting more like Conservative). Since my Zen 2 desktop has adequate cooling one of my first tweaks is to install cpupower and switch to Performance. I wonder if that's less or not necessary now?

Leave a comment:

• lamka02sk

• lamka02sk
    replied
    I think we need this kind of benchmark for kernel to see how the performance changed in the past few years.

Also I think the regressions here mostly point to the Firefox itself than drivers. Mozilla really needs to focus on Firefox's performance, not bs.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    Administrator

• Ubuntu 19.10 To 21.10: AMD Zen 2 + Radeon Performance On Linux Over Two Years

Phoronix: Ubuntu 19.10 To 21.10: AMD Zen 2 + Radeon Performance On Linux Over Two Years

With Ubuntu 21.10 due for release this week I've been running various Ubuntu Linux performance comparisons across a variety of hardware and overall this new release is looking to be in great shape. One of the tests I recently carried out for curiosity is seeing how the AMD Zen 2 performance has evolved now over the past two years on Linux going from Ubuntu 19.10 to Ubuntu 21.10.

https://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=30591
Working...
X