Ubuntu Touch OTA-19 Released - Still Based On Ubuntu 16.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kamikaze View Post
    It's a well designed interface, simple and intuitive to use.
    This. 100 times this.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
      I have OTA-18 on a BQ Aquaris 10 FHD tablet. (MediaTek CPU, was built by HTC for BQ)

If they can get Anbox working like they said it was, the ecosystem issue will be moot.

They are reporting that it works, but the various postings say otherwise.

Until then I am kind of playing the waiting game, to see when they fix it.

I did make a contribution to them for the good work they did with the installer, so no leeching here.
      Is the Aquaris 10 on Wayland? If so, you could give Waydroid a try which is supposedly much better than Anbox.

Comment

I could spend all day listing the features that Ubuntu Touch lacks but at the end of the day I was able to use it on my Nexus 5 as a daily driver for over 2 years by sticking with basic functions like SMS, calls and web browsing. I can't say the same about PostmarketOS or Mobian which are much more promising for features but way too unstable and short on battery life to use as my daily driver. The only reason I am not still using Ubuntu Touch each day is the battery life on my Nexus 5 dropped a bit much for my liking so I switched to a Teracube 2E with /e/ OS. Ubuntu Touch lacks a lot but what it does have is rock solid stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Is the Aquaris 10 on Wayland? If so, you could give Waydroid a try which is supposedly much better than Anbox.
          Thanks for this! I will check this out!

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

The version of Touch on the Aquaris is missing some of the dependencies needed for Waydroid.

I know how to get around that part mostly but everytime I spend several hours trying to get it to work it either bricks it or does not work. Will have to evaluate the best use of my time.

The Anbox module executes but says "anbox does not support this architecture" which is ridiculous as it is ARM based.

Comment

Working...
            X