Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• direc85
    replied
    I tried to use Ubuntu Touch as a daily driver a year back or so, and while it worked just fine as a phone/SMS/browser, the surprisingly small amount of usable apps in the store was the thing that drove me back to Sailfish. The ecosystem just wasn't there, which bas both expected and a bit sad. Perhaps there is "a homebrew store" for it, but I couldn't find it during the two days I used it, and I did look for it.

I do have that spare Xperia X still, so I'll give it another spin at some point for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shifter
    replied
    I have an Xperia XZ sitting idle at the minute, I might see if I can get this on it just to see what all the fuss is about.

Leave a comment:

• Polleke
    replied
    Originally posted by ddriver View Post
    Why would a simple touch enabled gui facelift be dependent on the os version, or on the os for that matter?
    Yes, why would it?
    Can you clarify what you are really asking? The GUI will not be dependant on the OS version I would assume. But upgrading the base OS can be an effort, taking into account the wide range of devices, the closed drivers for an Android/Linux kernel, and the idea that phones are really embedded devices, not like laptops and desktops.

BTW, is anyone using Ubuntu Touch as a daily driver and their only device? I would like to hear experiences.

Leave a comment:

• ddriver
    replied
    Why would a simple touch enabled gui facelift be dependent on the os version, or on the os for that matter?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Ubuntu Touch OTA-19 Released - Still Based On Ubuntu 16.04

Ubuntu Touch OTA-19 Released - Still Based On Ubuntu 16.04

Phoronix: Ubuntu Touch OTA-19 Released - Still Based On Ubuntu 16.04

UBports on Tuesday released Ubuntu Touch OTA-19 as the latest refinement to this Ubuntu Linux spin for smartphones and tablets...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X