Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS Released With Fixes, Newer Hardware Enablement Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Here's an example of a snap that I love: multipass.

How do you install it?

Code:
    sudo snap install multipass
    Done. Couldn't have made it simpler for me. I appreciate that greatly.

Tell me, what's so terribly disgusting and vile about that? I want to know. I want to learn.
    Easy peasy.

Snap is done by Ubuntu which pisses people off.

But, but, but real Linux sandboxers use Flatpak because it's universal.

But, but, but even realer Linux sandboxers use bash and cgroups and chroots, oh my.

BTW, I use arch-chroot

Frankly, it's all a circle jerk. Just use whatever is supported better or preferred by the docs on your distro of choice. And since we can install and use everything most everywhere...sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Easy peasy.

Snap is done by Ubuntu which pisses people off.

But, but, but real Linux sandboxers use Flatpak because it's universal.

But, but, but even realer Linux sandboxers use bash and cgroups and chroots, oh my.

BTW, I use arch-chroot

Frankly, it's all a circle jerk. Just use whatever is supported better or preferred by the docs on your distro of choice. And since we can install and use everything most everywhere...sigh...
      Exactly, it's all a circle jerk. It's almost silly the elitism and fanboy-ism I see here. I don't tolerate it. I like you a lot, though. One of the best ones on here that's actually trying to add and encourage good, healthy discussion. Salute.

Comment

Fair enough, not disagreeing with you. He was an obvious troll and had to be dealt with accordingly.

The fact that tildearrow took the liberty to censor Linuxxx and me (me, I understand, what exactly did Linuxxx do?) Michael that's actually an egregious abuse of powers. Please look into revoking. I paid $100 for the lifetime membership to support *you* because I thought you were the sole operator. This has never happened before. You give tildearrow the power, and he's already inappropriately (and outrageously) abused it and showed he may not be able to be trusted to moderate the discussion responsibily. I'm just saying.
        While I get that, I feel the need to say that you risk becoming the next birdie if you rile the feathers of the mod.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high

Excuse me? Watch your self. I'm waiting for my other post to get approved. Watch yourself. Only birdie and debianxfce is you if you wrongly accuse people of something like that. Tread lightly around me, I've been very nice and respectful towards you.
          You took that the wrong way. Just saying I've been here long enough to know that when someone gets targeted by a mod they stay targeted and they'll usually end up banned if they let it get under their skin.

It's not best to poke the bear. That's all I'm trying to say. Just let it be....ignore it....though I rarely (if ever) get moderated so that's easy for me to say.

Comment

You took that the wrong way. Just saying I've been here long enough to know that when someone gets targeted by a mod they stay targeted and they'll usually end up banned if they let it get under their skin.

It's not best to poke the bear. That's all I'm trying to say. Just let it be....ignore it....though I rarely (if ever) get moderated so that's easy for me to say.
            Brother, you *have* to poke the bear. Tildearrow abused his powers. If Linuxxx didn't comment *again* about it, you wouldn't have known. I'm the nicest guy on here. I know it. But people mistake kindness for weakness. That's the problem. Again, I like you a lot. Take care, skeevy.

Comment

ROFL. I got moderated when posting about how I'm rarely moderated. Irony at its best.

I needed a good laugh today.

Comment

ROFL. I got moderated when posting about how I'm rarely moderated. Irony at its best.

I needed a good laugh today.
                It's funny until it's not. I didn't even chuckle at your post, but I get where it's humorous.

Someone here is abusing their powers. If it doesn't stop, I'll stop posting. I'm even a lifetime member. But I don't *need* to chime in.

Michael, please fix the forums. It's paramount.

Comment

Brother, you *have* to poke the bear. Tildearrow abused his powers. If Linuxxx didn't comment *again* about it, you wouldn't have known. I'm the nicest guy on here. I know it. But people mistake kindness for weakness. That's the problem. Again, I like you a lot. Take care, skeevy.
                  The latest two posts of yours that got mod'ed on posting seem to have been the (sometimes strange with false positive) automated mod queue.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

If you want to get the attention of mods or Michael then either send them a direct message or use the contact form here: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/contact-us

There is no point in discussing it here, it's not anyone elses business but the affected parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The latest two posts of yours that got mod'ed on posting seem to have been the (sometimes strange with false positive) automated mod queue.
                      Finally!! An acknowledgement. Not that I try to get a reaction out of you, but first one in like 4 years. I appreciate you. Take care.

Comment

Working...
                      X