Ubuntu 21.10 Likely Sticking To The GNOME 40 Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
    i would even wait for Gnomes-Hell 44. plenty of extensions just will take time to port it all over to 40
    if they ever will be ported

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
      41 is rather a small update, with most things trickled down to 40 anyways.
      I would have still liked to see dynamic frame clock dispatching on my school laptop, but I guess I can wait.

If mutter gets triple buffering with 42 and Ubuntu goes 40 -> 42, then it's going to be a magnificent 22.04 release.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        I quit Ubuntu because of old packages (nothing wrong with stability, but I needed up-to-date instead), I see they're adding stuff on that list...
        Never seen the point of running Ubuntu for personal use for this and many other reasons. When I want an apt/deb based distro I always go with Debian testing. It's more up to date (uses the "rolling release" style as long as your sources.list is correct) and typically is even less problematic

Comment

As a Kubuntu user, I couldn't care less as I never liked Gnome 3 and never will.
          I woul've liked at least if they upgraded some core components like WPA supplicant to IWD or fix the damn missing hibernate option.

Comment

Originally posted by partcyborg View Post

Never seen the point of running Ubuntu for personal use for this and many other reasons. When I want an apt/deb based distro I always go with Debian testing. It's more up to date (uses the "rolling release" style as long as your sources.list is correct) and typically is even less problematic

Yeah, that seems to work for many, but it doesn't work for me. I'm in the Qt/KDE camp and Debian Testing seems to be lagging there. But thankfully, this is the Linux world, there's a bunch of distros for me too

Comment

"Lack of desktop resources" I wonder if the new installer took up more time than originally thought.

Comment

Working...
              X