Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manjaro 21.1 Released With Better Btrfs Support, GNOME 40 Update

Phoronix: Manjaro 21.1 Released With Better Btrfs Support, GNOME 40 Update

Manjaro 21.1 is now available as the latest stable version of this Arch Linux based operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Btrfs is on track to becoming 'the' Linux filesystem.

And Manjaro would be on track to becoming DW's #1 distro, if only it weren't for that one major advantage MX-Linux enjoys.
    Last edited by danmcgrew; 17 August 2021, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
      [...] if only it weren't for that one major advantage MX-Linux enjoys.
      What is it?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post

What is it?
        I'll leave that for you, by your own devices, to determine.
        If I tell you, you'll argue, and then forget. If you figure it out, you'll accept it, and remember.

Comment

Has anyone actually looked at the new Manjaro BTRFS layout and can confirm it’s better than what’s suggested in the BTRFS kernel.org wiki ?

I’ve followed the kernel.org guide but also use snapper with grub-btrfs for auto snapshots w/ pacman on Arch and I’d be interested to see if it might be worth changing up my setup. I wonder if it would also be better to use timeshift over snapper...

Comment

If I tell you, you'll argue, and then forget. If you figure it out, you'll accept it, and remember.
            Couldn't find anything about MX Linux and btrfs, and if doesn't use btrfs by default, despite all the cute things it may offers, that would be a hard pass for me in 2021.

Comment

I'll just go ahead and assume it's not "a helpful user community", with attitudes like that...

Comment

Originally posted by J.King View Post

I'll just go ahead and assume it's not "a helpful user community", with attitudes like that...
                Yep, I'd have to agree. Maybe he is an Archlinux user in disguise.

Comment

Seems like I'm already on it.
                  That's the thing about rolling releases, you don't really pay attention anymore to the version you're using. It just flows naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post

What is it?
                    He probably talks about that MX Linux is one of those distros for people who dislike systemd for the sake of disliking systemd.

I don't know why people would prefer to let a thousand shitty shell scripts do their init, but who am I to judge

Comment

Working...
                    X