Debian 11 Is Releasing This Weekend With Many Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

No, SkyWarrior should absolutely not do anything like that. What you're doing is essentially a pathetic attempt at doxing.
    The point being....all the huff and puff...amounting to "trust me bro, I got a PhD, so I'm a doctor."

Comment

Originally posted by deep View Post

The point being....all the huff and puff...amounting to "trust me bro, I got a PhD, so I'm a doctor."
      It's not even important. Why do you even care so much about it? Forget it. There's nothing more to say. You went into this "debate" in bad faith from the very first post. I propose we all give you the silent treatment from now on.

Comment

The irony is dripping wet in this post. This is not the "own" you think it is.
        No, it is you, thinking of your own decision to be better than somebody else's. It is again only your intolerance towards others that lets you make such comments.

Some anti-vaxxers have been so intolerant in their behaviour that they committed suicide by COVID19 just to prove their point. Do you believe they succeeded in being free thinkers?

And what do you make of those anti-vaxxers, who in their last dying moments asked for a vaccine and so to be spared from death, and who still did not understand how a vaccine works and how it is too late to help them?
        Last edited by sdack; 15 August 2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

It's not even important. Why do you even care so much about it? Forget it. There's nothing more to say. You went into this "debate" in bad faith from the very first post. I propose we all give you the silent treatment from now on.
          The buzz word, being thrown around, "mission creep". First this, then what?
          There is overlap between the linux and medical/research community, great.
          Combining both and then sourcing/distributing/promoting requires more attention/scrutiny.

Do you really want me.. a C (in reality an F without curve) student in orgo chem to top off your meds?

Comment

Originally posted by sdack View Post
            No, it is you, thinking of your own decision to be better than somebody else's. It is again only your intolerance towards others that lets you make such comments.

Some anti-vaxxers have been so intolerant in their behaviour that they committed suicide by COVID19 just to prove their point. Do you believe they succeeded in being free thinkers?
            You somehow..have this notion that I'm anti-vaxx, which I'm not.
            That in itself, is intolerant.
            Or are you replying to someone else?

Comment

You somehow..have this notion that I'm anti-vaxx, which I'm not.
              That in itself, is intolerant. ...
              No. When you find me to be intolerant towards your intolerance then it does not make me intolerant, but it makes me a teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

I don't understand why Debian 10 was released with the following desktop environments:
                Desktop env Debian 10 Available @ 2019-07-06
                Cinnamon 3.8 4.0
                GNOME 3.30 3.32
                KDE Plasma 5.14 5.16
                LXDE 0.99.2 ?
                LXQt 0.14 0.14 (up to date)
                MATE 1.20 1.22
                Xfce 4.12 4.14
                What is an explanation for this?
                Because Debian has a very strict and robust quality assurance process, which 1. takes some time and 2. means that fresh upstream releases don't always live up to the requirements.

Comment

I don't understand why Debian 10 was released with the following desktop environments:
                  Cinnamon 3.8 4.0
                  GNOME 3.30 3.32
                  KDE Plasma 5.14 5.16
                  LXDE 0.99.2 ?
                  MATE 1.20 1.22
                  Xfce 4.12 4.14
                  Here a counter question for you to think about:

Why can you list the version numbers of 7 environments of Debian 10, but then fail at listing the version number of LXDE on the date you have given?

The not so obvious answer is: without realising it did Debian give you stable set of version numbers to work with, while you could not create this for yourself. Now image you had to do this not for 7 but for 50,000 packages ...

That's why it has Debian stable.
                  Last edited by sdack; 15 August 2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Guest Don't know about proof, but it's certainly a question of ideology and philosophy. This is why there are diametrically opposed distributions out there, like Arch, which doesn't have an army of developers to QA, polish and take responsibility for the software they distribute. The Arch philosophy is "keep it simple stupid" (KISS), and instead of what Debian does, they shove all the responsibility over on upstream developers. They just take the latest upstream release, builds it, test it for a few days and then shove it out to the public. There are pros and cons to each way and they both have legit use cases. I think it's a great feature of FOSS that we have such diversity and we can freely pick whatever suits our use case or personal preferences.

Comment

Cinnamon 3.8 4.0
                      GNOME 3.30 3.32
                      KDE Plasma 5.14 5.16
                      LXDE 0.99.2 ?
                      MATE 1.20 1.22
                      Xfce 4.12 4.14
                      Yes,
                      You only list desktop environments which may not be as important for server use. Old or slightly outdated does not mean unusable, bad or buggy just for your info.

Debian STABLE = most people use this for servers. Things that just need to work. Desktop environments are not *that* important as long as they work and get the job done.
                      Debian TESTING = for desktop and "rolling release". Has passed QA (read up on testing and you will understand)
                      Debian UNSTABLE = for people that think new versions always are better than old versions. That is not always true , especially from a security perspective.
                      Last edited by waxhead; 15 August 2021, 11:04 AM. Reason: Fixed a few typos..

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
                      X