No announcement yet.

Manjaro 21.1 Bringing Enhanced Support For Btrfs, Automatic Backups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good news for Manjaro users, I think a rolling release distribution should have a default file system that allows automated snapshots. Because sometimes it doesn't take much for a system after an update to stop booting for some reason and in these cases it is essential to be able to cancel the update.

Comment

Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
      I see Manjaro being used more and more but, personally, I have some trust issues with this distro ever since the FreeOffice fiasco.
      I don't know if it was a commercial deal, and I will probably be hated for it, but I think it was a better choice than libre office for a distro that caters to beginners and switchers from windows. Libreoffice's interface is too clunky and unwelcoming to those groups. Freeoffice, onlyoffice, wps office with all their cons and lack of various features in former two, still appear more appealing to users who have experienced post 2007 ms office

Comment

Originally posted by leo_sk View Post

I don't know if it was a commercial deal, and I will probably be hated for it, but I think it was a better choice than libre office for a distro that caters to beginners and switchers from windows. Libreoffice's interface is too clunky and unwelcoming to those groups. Freeoffice, onlyoffice, wps office with all their cons and lack of various features in former two, still appear more appealing to users who have experienced post 2007 ms office
        I hope you won't get any hate for that, in any case you just gave your opinion!

I had a hard time accepting a closed-source application being brought into the distro. If I can't see the source, I can't trust it.

It felt like the Manjaro team were selling their users. I mean, they most likely were doing exactly that, indirectly.

Comment

Syretia
          AHOY

One of the worst distros known to man
          Care to explain why?

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
            Syretia
            AHOY

Care to explain why?
            They probably won't because it's just rude trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Syretia
              Fuck you for writing about one of the worst Linux distros known to man.
              what's wrong with them? I must have missed something

Comment

Originally posted by bitterseeds View Post
                They probably won't because it's just rude trolling.
                Stay mad

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
                Care to explain why?
                - Manjaro announces partnership, will start shipping closed source FreeOffice suite by default
                - Manjaro forgot to upgrade their SSL certificate, suggest users get around it by changing their system clocks
                - Manjaro's SSL Certificate Expired, again.
                - "Change of treasurer for Manjaro community funds" -- treasurer removed after questioning expenses
                - https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...announcements/

It ships with a completely ruined unprofessional Plasma experience. It introduces subtle theme bugs with GTK. It's the only distro in the past decade that I've experience broken packages multiple times after a reboot or update. It probably still runs like shit inside a VM. I can't find the tweet or post but people from KDE have often complained about bugs introduced by Manjaro packaging or updating it wrong. Something bad about their kernel that I can't remember. Use Arch, openSUSE or Fedora instead. Don't expect replies to you're doing it wrong. That's from the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by AHOY View Post
                  Stay mad
                  I'm not mad, not at all. I'm not a Manjaro user. I just called out a troll. I could care less who uses which of 274 distros that are out there. I'm told old for that but I'm not to old for manners.

Comment

Please ignore Syretia's Fuck you post!

It is supposed to be deleted, but I cannot remove it due to a vBulletin cache bug!

Comment

I still wonder about why Manjaro (initial release 2011) 's logo strangely reminds me of Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero (released 2007) 's logo...

Comment

Working...
                      X