Fedora Workstation 35 Looks To Use Power Profiles Daemon By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Workstation 35 Looks To Use Power Profiles Daemon By Default

Phoronix: Fedora Workstation 35 Looks To Use Power Profiles Daemon By Default

Fedora Workstation 35 is looking to ship with power-profiles-daemon by default and to have it enabled for benefiting newer laptops...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this related to PowerTOP and/or UPower in some way? Or is it another independent one? Thanks!

Comment

Honest question, what exactly makes that or anything a GNOME project? It's when the people involved are also contributors to the desktop side like when people call anything Qt these days a KDE project?

Anyway thank you GNOME your work in plumbing and building blocks is highly appreciated. Fedora and Red Hat too. No sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by AHOY View Post
        Honest question, what exactly makes that or anything a GNOME project? It's when the people involved are also contributors to the desktop side like when people call anything Qt these days a KDE project?

Anyway thank you GNOME your work in plumbing and building blocks is highly appreciated. Fedora and Red Hat too. No sarcasm.
        Officially this wouldn't count as a GNOME project because it is hosted elsewhere -> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/hades...rofiles-daemon and isn't tied to GNOME in any way and KDE is integrating with it too. Colloquially this can be called one because it was created for the purpose of integrating with GNOME originally and was written by a GNOME developer.

Comment

Does Gnome automatically change the mode between 'balanced' and 'power saving' depending on whether a battery powered device is plugged in or not?

Comment

Originally posted by krzyzowiec View Post
            Does Gnome automatically change the mode between 'balanced' and 'power saving' depending on whether a battery powered device is plugged in or not?
            I would assume there will be an option, because I believe a large chunk of people (me included) would want it to squeeze more battery when needed, and more power when on cord.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
              Colloquially this can be called one because it was created for the purpose of integrating with GNOME originally and was written by a GNOME developer.
              Nah, it's a freedesktop.org project.

Comment

And what about TLP and such? How does power-profile-daemon integrate with those? Do we have to switch again?

Comment

Originally posted by khnazile View Post
                  And what about TLP and such? How does power-profile-daemon integrate with those? Do we have to switch again?
                  ++ for this question. Currently using TLP on Fedora 34; sounds like it may be conflicting if/when I start using this new daemon?

Comment

Originally posted by swagg_boi View Post

++ for this question. Currently using TLP on Fedora 34; sounds like it may be conflicting if/when I start using this new daemon?
                    I posted a link to the upstream earlier

Comment

Working...
                    X