No announcement yet.

Gentoo Spins Up More Stage Downloads For Musl libc, Systemd Init

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The addition of nomultilib-systemd is very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Y'know, one of the worst stereotypes of Linux users is this abhorrent superiority complex you exemplify.
      I remember when Linux for beginners was a new thing, 20 years ago. They got a lot of flack from the expert crowd, that were offended by things like a script to open the CD-ROM tray when you pressed its button...

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      The average idiot with basic motor skills can drive a manual
      True. I can drive one every day :-)

I remember the first time I drove a automatic. The guy next to me explained the letters in the lever and off we go. A couple seconds later we both have our heads leaning forward and we start to laugh hard. Since I learned to drive in a manual, my instinct was to press the clutch to engage second gear, so I pressed the brake pedal instead (is larger in automatics). I did it a couple more times then I finally overcame the urge to use my left foot.

The only thing I dislike in automatics are the ones that didn't have crawling when you release the brake. It was nerve wreaking parking a E-Class Mercedes in a tight garage, with the owner (and my CEO boss) looking in my early 20's...
      Last edited by M@GOid; 20 July 2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
        I only respect Gentoo users, not the arch crowd....
        That was remarkably successful. I know it's trolling and I'm inclined to take the bate anyway.

Comment

Holy hell if I wanted confirmation that this place is full of redditors this comment section is that

Comment

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post

That was remarkably successful. I know it's trolling and I'm inclined to take the bate anyway.
            His nickname checks out, "perpetually high"

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

That's great, and I'm really sorry you feel that way about me. I thought posting here for 4 years being the nicest, helpful m*****f***** would earn me some credit, but apparently not.
              My first boss had a great, truthful saying: 1,000 AttaBoys == 1 AwS#!t. Your first post in this thread is an AwS#!t which exterminated 1,000 saved up AttaBoys

Comment

Imagine being so grump and pure of salt that you gotta rain on some memers because their joy is offensive to your grump state.

Also "dem damn kids skateboarding on the sidewalk!" so I did what anybody would do and tipped my cain in front of the wheel until he poped a boner and crashed into the ground. What an asshole! That'll teach him to enjoy my public sidewalk. /s

Comment

Things I like:
                  Work with the same feel on many arch No phone home for updates
                  Very little BG tasks without you putting them on at default or boot level
                  Able to slot multiple versions of many libraries or software neatly
                  Things I hate:
                  . Emerge -uvDN world when perl, ruby, kde or python version is updated....

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                    I remember the first time I drove a automatic. The guy next to me explained the letters in the lever and off we go. A couple seconds later we both have our heads leaning forward and we start to laugh hard. Since I learned to drive in a manual, my instinct was to press the clutch to engage second gear, so I pressed the brake pedal instead (is larger in automatics). I did it a couple more times then I finally overcame the urge to use my left foot.
                    I learned to drive on an automatic but whenever I drive one now, I often have the urge to use my left foot, so I definitely relate. It also feels weird when driving a slushbox because the RPM doesn't match the acceleration.
                    The only thing I dislike in automatics are the ones that didn't have crawling when you release the brake. It was nerve wreaking parking a E-Class Mercedes in a tight garage, with the owner (and my CEO boss) looking in my early 20's...
                    The automatics that tend to do that I think use DCTs, and I think some CVTs do that too but I might be mistaken. I think this is because it preserves the life of the clutches.

Comment

I'm really glad I stirred things up here. Had to humble the arch crowd a little bit.

The fact that *you* guys got that riled up over my seemingly obvious troll post, says more about you than me.

About the 1000 atta boys vs the 1 aww sh!t's, that's true. Doesn't apply to my situation, but that's a good saying.

You guys know perpetually high comes in peace, so I don't have to explain myself further. Cheers and God speed.

Comment

Working...
                      X