Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CentOS In Your Car? Automotive SIG Approved

Phoronix: CentOS In Your Car? Automotive SIG Approved

The newest special interest group (SIG) approved by the CentOS Board of Directors is around the automotive space for in-vehicle automotive use-cases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Year of the Linux Car.

Comment

Just imaging all the poping heads of people....wtf... there is the chance that I will have to deal with systemD on my Car?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
        Just imaging all the poping heads of people....wtf... there is the chance that I will have to deal with systemD on my Car?
        I don't see people thinking that. systemd (not systemD) will be a low level implementation. No regular car user is expected to know about which operating system their car is using.

Comment

This is just unneeded fragmentation in the market. There is already Automotive Grade Linux which is a Linux Foundation project with loads of industry backing from actual manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
            systemctl enable ignition
            systemctl start ignition
            systemctl stop governeor
            systemctl disable governor
            systemctl set-default radio-preset bt-moto-g-power
            systemctl start radio
            systemctl start voice-commands

Hey System Play "Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" followed by "The Wizard"

and now I can go to the grocery store

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

I don't see people thinking that. systemd (not systemD) will be a low level implementation. No regular car user is expected to know about which operating system their car is using.
              I think he's making fun of those people by intentionally spelling systemd wrong.

With how much computer control cars have these days and all the computer resets that need to be done for general maintenance that's probably going to start changing very, very soon. On my car I have to dig into the menus every time I do an oil change to reset the oil change timer and sensor. As more and more sensors and more and more functionality is added to vehicles, consumers are going to be more and more exposed to Vehicle OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Slithery View Post
                This is just unneeded fragmentation in the market. There is already Automotive Grade Linux which is a Linux Foundation project with loads of industry backing from actual manufacturers.
                You make it seem only distribution is ever allowed to be in that space. Cars use all sort of custom variants and competing implementations already.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

....I'm mean those systemd haters under the Linux users. Considering that they have forked Debian succesfully without systemd because they simply dislike systemd - the same guys will be upset about systemd on their car.
                  The most of commenters and readers here are quite into linux. One might say this is a linux nerd forum. Therefore I thought it is rather obvious that such things are not known by the majority of car users.

Btw dyslexia is not stoped by acronyms, tradmarks or puns ... So I might not know how to spell systemD systemd correctly (my brain mostly just don't care) but I know what it is and how I have to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I think he's making fun of those people by intentionally spelling systemd wrong.
                    depends as said with dyslexia you never know.

Comment

Working...
                    X