No announcement yet.

Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS vs. Pop!_OS 21.04 Performance Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I see Pop! OS it makes me think of Ricky Lee Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I don't think I'll ever change from rolling release, specifically Arch.

Why would I not want the most documented Linux distro out there while allowing me to do everything I want? But don't answer just to answer and say your way is the best. What am I missing out? Got all the latester and greatester of mostly everything.

Serious answer: The Wiki and AUR. That's what you're missing out. The best distribution documentation bar none and quick access to the rest of the world with the AUR.

IMHO answer: Ubuntu isn't so bad if you're just using software, but if you're into trying out new software as Michael reports on it, playing sys admin, and customizing everything to your liking, that's where Arch shines. Different paths for different people with different uses. Usually, you can PPA the heck out of Ubuntu and basically have access to the same amount of software as the AUR.

With the stuff you post about doing, kernel patching and gaming tweaks and all that, you seem like you'd be prime candidate for using Arch.
      ...this almost convinces me

Comment

I tried to look for "Zimbra email server war" as one of the tests.

I find it hard to find it.
        Can you add a tab for all test names with a search box,

Maybe consider alternate gui output formats for the test result .... https://github.com/barmalei/zebkit for a test report gui or raylib gui on html5 ?
        It's fine to leave this one and then maybe add alternative guis

Comment

Working...
        X