Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bash2bash
    replied
    Stream should not be called CentOS since its not CentOS but a RHEL beta.

Sure, redhat wants to put some distance between its products and the community. They killed the CentOS project, as part of a bigger strategy to remove "community" and loss making projects from their core strategy.

A similar example is Ansible. Once it became a core redhat product, they killed all 3rd party modules and moved them to community maintenance. Redhat will no longer support community stuff, instead they will focus on their core products that make money. The community will have to maintain 3rd party modules on their own.

We are lucky that Alma and Rocky, will pickup the slack and we'll have free enterprise distros with full support for free.

Leave a comment:

• lethalwp
    replied
    Sorry Redhat/Centos, i don't want centos stream.

I want long term CentOs support or free RHEL for my productive servers.

Leave a comment:

• CentOS Stream 9 Builds Flowing, Opened Up For Contributors

Phoronix: CentOS Stream 9 Builds Flowing, Opened Up For Contributors

More build artifacts of CentOS Stream 9 are being published now while more OS images are still on the way. CentOS Stream 9 is open for contributions as RHEL's future upstream...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X