Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• euduvda
    replied
    Awesome! I think HWCAPS will be a nice feature, now just hoping everything is upstreamed and distros start using and collaborating...

Leave a comment:

• smartalgorithm
    replied
    my expectations for SUSE 16 are really high... so far so good.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    If I were SUSE I'd keep on doing exactly what they're doing versus going the RHEL route and dropping the earliest of x86_64 and new oddball Intel CPUs. If RHEL wants to tell paying customers that new, low power Intel Atom systems are unsupported then that's on them.

I'm glad to see HWCAPS and v# come into use.

Leave a comment:

• PFee
    replied
    Typo: "until the second update from now, Leap 15.4 / SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP5" should refer to Leap 15.5.

Edit: Fixed now, thanks.
    Last edited by PFee; 16 June 2021, 08:42 AM. Reason: Typo has been fixed.

Leave a comment:

• SUSE Linux Enterprise / openSUSE Leap Pursuing x86_64-v2 Optimized Libraries

Phoronix: SUSE Linux Enterprise / openSUSE Leap Pursuing x86_64-v2 Optimized Libraries

In addition to the rolling-release openSUSE Tumbleweed looking at HWCAPS / x86-64 feature levels for being able to provide greater out-of-the-box performance by selectively loading more tuned libraries depending upon the CPU in use, SUSE Linux Enterprise / openSUSE Leap are also looking at offering similar functionality that may turn up in time for the next point release / service pack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X