Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian 11 "Bullseye" Installer RC2 Released

Phoronix: Debian 11 "Bullseye" Installer RC2 Released

The second release candidate of the Debian Installer for the upcoming 11.0 "Bullseye" release is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

probably wise that they wait for Grub2-2.06 an wait for Firefox an Thunderbird 91 ESR an get that in the final Debian 11 release

Comment

Firefox ESR is provided to the stable branch (as is Chromium).
      I don't know for Thunderbird.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        probably wise that they wait for Grub2-2.06 an wait for Firefox an Thunderbird 91 ESR an get that in the final Debian 11 release
        Not really, for buster they did release shortly before firefox 68esr if I recall well. And then they released 68esr. Basically they release the ESR version when the previous ESR release becomes unsupported, so probably in something like 4 months.

Originally posted by jery View Post
        Firefox ESR is provided to the stable branch (as is Chromium).
        I don't know for Thunderbird.
        Thunderbird is based on the ESR branch anyway

Comment

Fantastic. Can't wait for 11 release.

Comment

But I want it now

Comment

I like to install different server versions of some of the more mainstream distros in VirtualBox to get a feel of things, gives me some multi-distro exposure. I obviously know that Ubuntu is built on Debian roots. But a few releases ago I noticed changes in the Ubuntu server edition (assume the same for desktop.) I kind of know the answer, but Ubuntu started packaging core components as Snaps, right? Does anyone recall what release this started appearing? When I watch the boot process in the console, it seems to jump all over the place as well. Figure it must be related. Anyway, congrats to Debian on an upcoming release.

Comment

Working...
              X