My original distribution and license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My original distribution and license

My OS builder is just in time compiled C. You can use C like how lesser programmers use python. You can boot into a GUI and fully build every part of the OS with only a few thousand lines of code designed for readability. I also made by own license based on the vileness I seen from the GPL and BSD/MIT camps. I hate companies interfering with open source software, so I designed a license that removes them from existence if they do. My blog is here https://blog.immanuelos.org/2021/05/...autocracy.html . I never released by OS yet because i'm in the process of being incorporated so when companies seethe i don't loose all my shit.

"IMMANUELOS PUBLIC SOFTWARE LICENSE

Copyright Mitchell Renouf 2021

When "CANADIAN DOLLARS" is specified it means as in the historical value on May 28 2021 at 23:00 Universal Coordinated Time. If Canadian Dollars no longer exist than "CANADIAN DOLLARS" means 1 Kilogram of the most valuable substance in the universe.

When "THE AUTHORS" is stated it means the estate of Mitchell Renouf. If the estate of Mitchell Renouf no longer exists you must use the money to hire people to work on IMMANUELOS for the benefit of all of humanity. Features they work on will be voted on by all known sentient beings across the universe, with the elections paid for in addition to the amount owed for violating.

When "FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES OF THIS SOFTWARE" is stated it means what it literally says. There's no warranty or liability of "THE AUTHORS" to the maximum extent of the law in regards to ANYTHING relating to THIS SOFTWARE.

When "THIS SOFTWARE" is stated it includes derivatives to the maximum extent of the law.

When "PUBLIC SOFTWARE" is stated it means any software you give away for free or sell.

* YOU AGREE TO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL ACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES OF HAVING AND/OR USING THIS SOFTWARE.

* DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE TO KILL OR SPY ON PEOPLE OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER VICTIM.

* DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE TO CREATE SENTIENT BEINGS OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER BEING.

* DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE IF YOU ARE A FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE TRILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER INSTALLATION.

* DO NOT DISTRIBUTE FORKS OF THIS SOFTWARE OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER DOWNLOAD AND/OR CLONE.

* DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THIS SOFTWARE IN BINARY FORM OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION.

* DO NOT ADD PATENTED SOFTWARE TO THE SOURCE CODE OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER DOWNLOAD AND/OR CLONE.

* DO NOT ADD BINARY BLOBS TO THE SOURCE CODE OF THIS SOFTWARE OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER INSTALLATION.

* DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE IF YOU DO NOT ALLOW ALL THE FREEDOM TO STUDY HOW ALL YOUR PUBLIC SOFTWARE WORKS OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER INSTALLATION.

* DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE HUMAN READABLE SOURCE CODE WITH ALL YOUR PUBLIC SOFTWARE OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER INSTALLATION.

* DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THIS SOFTWARE WITHOUT THIS LICENSE OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER DOWNLOAD AND/OR CLONE"

I would like to point out a flaw..

Originally posted by immanuelos_offical View Post
    * DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THIS SOFTWARE IN BINARY FORM OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO PAY THE AUTHORS ONE BILLION CANADIAN DOLLARS PER DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION.
    This essentially prevents distribution of the software, since it absolutely needs a binary compiled bootstrap to be able to build the JIT compiler and start the entire OS...
    Last edited by tildearrow; 31 May 2021, 09:54 PM. Reason: Quantum

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      I would like to point out a flaw...

This essentially prevents distribution of the software, since it absolutely needs a binary compiled bootstrap to be able to build the JIT compiler and start the entire OS...
      I'm not able to have the full OS as a binary that's why that clause is there. You'd only have a subpar experience like Linux libre where not all your hardware works. It's out of my control as I don't have rights to binary blobs and you can't include most of them as part of a larger software. I don't think most people should use Linux without firmware at this point, i'm just not legally allowed to have the blobs included unless you compile from source. There could very well come a day where most distributions besides FSF approved ones and immanuelOS are sued out of existence for their inclusion of firmware and patented codecs as binaries in official repositories. I believe Fedora is a lot more careful but Intel open sound firmware which will be included in Fedora 35 isn't freely usable. Part of the reason for such an extreme license is I love using open source software and don't want it extinguished by patents on firmware necessary for proper usage of hardware. The average user isn't a programmer and will blame the operating system hardware doesn't work when Linux generally has drivers for everything if you look hard enough.

Comment

Working...
      X