Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    only imbeciles need ssd
    I wonder how your beloved mutter draws the borders on Xwayland clients.

Comment

Originally posted by iskra32 View Post

Conveniently enough wayland allows easy extensibility by compositor developers. And Mutter is the *only* actual compositor(weston is a PoC, I hope nobody uses it in daily use) that does not support the Kwin server side decorations protocol.
      Wayland specification doesn't require SSD and xdg-decoration interface is optional thing that doesn't even ensure SSD support. It's used by client for asking compositor for decoration but compositor can reject it and force application to use CSD - and this will be sill valid usage in terms of specification. That's why lack of SSD support in Mutter (also in Enlightenment I think) is not a bug because it's not breaking specification. Lack of feature for sure but not a bug.

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

It depends on how you define “support”. If I tell you Android supports rooting, what would your answer be? I mean: it's technically possible, but it's not like Google is actively on it. So in a way, SDL2 supports Wayland, but it also doesn't.
      Android doesn't support rooting. You can do it at your own risk but it's not supported thing. You have to use additional software to modify some parts of the OS to get unsupported feature. It's not a thing with SDL2 where Wayland is officially supported thing that doesn't require you to make any modifications to SDL. When you run SDL application on Wayland compositor without Xwayland then SDL will use Wayland backend.
      Last edited by dragon321; 19 May 2021, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X