GNU Guix 1.3 Released With Better User Experience, Initial POWER9 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

And how about having a btrfs subvolume device on a lvm volume?

Well just saying, I just would love to hear somebody say that this works and prefer that over testing it myself but maybe I find the time to test it eventually
    Also in the changelog they mentioned explicitly the root on btrfs support but they did not mention the same for lvm, therefor I am sceptical.

But theoretical if you can use luks mapped device for root it should also work for lvm mapped device, mapped device is mapped device right?

It just could fuck up grub or whatever boot manager it uses I guess if it does not create the right boot entries for it.
    Quoting someone from the #guix Freenode channel right now:
    13:39:36 terpri | i was using btrfs-on-LVM-on-LUKS until just a few days ago, so i know it *can* work

So yeah, it should be possible. You should try it out! If something goes awry, you can drop in #guix for help or ask on the [email protected] mailing list.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx View Post

Quoting someone from the #guix Freenode channel right now:
      13:39:36 terpri | i was using btrfs-on-LVM-on-LUKS until just a few days ago, so i know it *can* work

So yeah, it should be possible. You should try it out! If something goes awry, you can drop in #guix for help or ask on the [email protected] mailing list.
      thanks that sounds good, if I just would not be that hyper lazy these days

Comment

Working...
      X