Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

Talking about this:
    Check my profile for people worth ignoring on Phoronix forums. Will save you a lot of nerves because absolute most of them are worthless Linux trolls who have zero contributions. The funniest thing is that most of them are kiddos who use Linux for a few years only to go back to Windows and never come back to these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

You can not and must not run any tests if the underlying OS runs random background tasks - your results will be worth absolute crap and 0% reproducible. As a tester you must remove any variability.

Here's how real testers set up Windows to run tests: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...chmark.228698/

This applies to Linux as well, e.g. Fedora runs `dnf-makecache` at random intervals.
      Then I guess you should definitely stop criticizing any problem you have with user interfaces because obviously real people would all have the required skills to customize their system...
      *sigh*

On the contrary, those tests make the most sense BECAUSE very rare are the people that would have an extensive knowledge of both Windows and Linux administration to optimize it.
      Even in entreprises you won't always (should I even say "often") people dedicated to at least proper security management, lest performance.

So benchmarking "out of the box systems" with minimal to no configuration changes is the perfect way to give most people a comparison close to what they'd experience themselves if installing both systems side by side on same hardware.

Windows is just an underdog in respect, reliability, usability and performance for OOTB experience. But since you cannot even properly customize or control it without any extensive knowledge, people just make peace with it and live within those bounds.
      People who stomp Windows are the ones that had the chance to taste the experience where the system fits user's needs, and not the reverse. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Citan View Post
        Then I guess you should definitely stop criticizing any problem you have with user interfaces because obviously real people would all have the required skills to customize their system...
        *sigh*

On the contrary, those tests make the most sense BECAUSE very rare are the people that would have an extensive knowledge of both Windows and Linux administration to optimize it.
        Even in entreprises you won't always (should I even say "often") people dedicated to at least proper security management, lest performance.

So benchmarking "out of the box systems" with minimal to no configuration changes is the perfect way to give most people a comparison close to what they'd experience themselves if installing both systems side by side on same hardware.

Windows is just an underdog in respect, reliability, usability and performance for OOTB experience. But since you cannot even properly customize or control it without any extensive knowledge, people just make peace with it and live within those bounds.
        People who stomp Windows are the ones that had the chance to taste the experience where the system fits user's needs, and not the reverse. ^^
        If your system behaves erratically you cannot publish any results because they will not be representative of anything other than your broken erratically behaving system at a very certain point of time when you ran the tests.

This is such a retarded post I'm just gonna ahead and blacklist your idiocy once and for all. Pretty much all the testers in the world strive to remove any variability yet for some strange reasons you are arguing it's actually OK. They must all be idiots, and you're the second coming of Albert Einstein. Except in real life it's vice versa. There's no need to reply to me - I won't see your replies from now on.

Comment

HEL88

Congratulations! You found TWO benchmarks among dozens of others where your insecure spying crap has won. You already proven your stupidity - you didn't even know what you quoted, so I won't try to show it even further. You can compete with birdie, the second ugliest troll to you. He also always makes things up which is disturbing..
          Last edited by Volta; 10 May 2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

If your system behaves erratically you cannot publish any results because they will not be representative of anything other than your broken erratically behaving system at a very certain point of time when you ran the tests.

This is such a retarded post I'm just gonna ahead and blacklist your idiocy once and for all. Pretty much all the testers in the world strive to remove any variability yet for some strange reasons you are arguing it's actually OK. They must all be idiots, and you're the second coming of Albert Einstein. Except in real life it's vice versa. There's no need to reply to me - I won't see your replies from now on.
            See who is insulting and behaving like "I am perfect and I know it all"?

It's you. Nobody ever insulted you in this thread prior to this one. You started it all when calling us "kiddos", and even worse used light gray color, presumably to grab more attention.
            This is how you ruin threads!

Comment

Check my profile for people worth ignoring on Phoronix forums. Will save you a lot of nerves because absolute most of them are worthless Linux trolls who have zero contributions. The funniest thing is that most of them are kiddos who use Linux for a few years only to go back to Windows and never come back to these forums.
              thats funny i am the only person who is double in the list.... DOUBLE....
              what did i do to get a DOUBLE ban ?-...

"most of them are kiddos"

i am 36 years old... but maybe anyone who is not 60 is a kiddo...
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                See who is insulting and behaving like "I am perfect and I know it all"?
                It's you. Nobody ever insulted you in this thread prior to this one. You started it all when calling us "kiddos", and even worse used light gray color, presumably to grab more attention.
                This is how you ruin threads!
                yes.. i am 36 years old and he calls me kiddo to...

his ban list on his profil is even so stupid that he added me double time....
                there is only one logical explanation for this: he added me in the past and now he added me again but he still reads my forum posts....

according to his double time ban he maybe thinks i am the worst troll in this forum.
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                  he still reads my forum posts....
                  This is because the ignore list is broken (it doesn't work)...

Comment

Curious about something; I recently upgraded to an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X myself, and when I initially booted up Linux on it, there were a bunch of interrupt errors. I updated the motherboard to the latest firmware, and they went away. Wonder if the system had the latest firmware here and if the tests could be ran again to see if there are any differences.

Comment

Working...
                    X