Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Edge is just a reskinned Chromium now.
    It's more than that. I use Hulu TV as a replacement for Cable TV and I got it in March. It didn't work on Firefox or Chrome on Linux but it did work with Edge...even without plugins. Once I got Live TV the usual browsers, Chrome and Firefox, couldn't determine my location for the Live TV feature. Because that wasn't detected I couldn't use Hulu at all on Linux. Seriously. If you get Hulu Live TV, ensure your Location Settings work properly because the entire service will break if it doesn't. $80/mo and the only one the worked on Linux was the browser from Microsoft.

That said, as of Firefox 88 it works on Firefox Linux. Haven't tried Chrome since Late March or Early April.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Fixed this for you.
      Linux is much faster but:
      LOL

Avg. 8% is much? Really? You are funny guy.

Flatpak exist.

So, say that to Linusv, because he doesn't know it, and he sees the problem there, where you think it's not there.

of course you are right (as is every linux toll) and he is wrong - LOL
      Last edited by HEL88; 08 May 2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

LOL

So, say that to Linusv, because he doesn't know it, and he sees the problem there, where you think it's not there.

What Truck ?

- Linux: Living without the Tolls
        and the Pimps

Comment

Hi Michael,

In your conclusion you say "With Google Chrome at least the Windows vs. Linux performance is more competitive and the occasional win on Linux".

That seems to imply that Windows is faster for Chrome, but the numbers say differently. I did a quick count and Chrome on Ubuntu picked up 6 wins to Windows only 5, with 1 tie. Or if you only look at only significant differences (performance difference > 5%), then Ubuntu picked up 4 wins to Windows 2.

Also, yes, it would be nice to see the numbers for Firefox on Wayland included.

Stephen

Comment

LOL

8% average in most of the benchmarks? It's huge. Some of the differences are two digit. Better to be funny than stupid.

And what problem he sees exactly? It was hard to guess from random letters you posted in your previous comment. It's typical for winblows trolls, I guess. Edit: the very first comment that belongs to the author of the the video you posted:

Snap, Flatpak and AppImage address this problem.

Oh, and this Linus talk is seven years old, so it's before flatpak was introduced. What was your point, again?

of course you are right (as is every linux toll) and he is wrong - LOL ​
            The only one that is wrong is YOU.
            Last edited by Volta; 08 May 2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

The engine is literally a copy of the Chromium engine, which explains why it runs websites just as well as Firefox and Chrome.

As for what the shell is doing around it that Chromium doesn't, can you elaborate what it does that's so great? I've used it a few times for a page here and there but haven't used it enough to know what it does that's different.
              Using the same engine doesn't mean it's just a skin. Would you say that Vivaldi with its enormous amount of settings and UI customization through JS and CSS is just a skin? And how about Falkon, which uses the same Chromium engine but isn't even compatible with Chromium extensions (i.e. one of the basics of Chromium)?

Comment

Originally posted by set135

If you are using bash >=4.4 you can put 'set enable-bracketed-paste' in your ~/.inputrc to prevent such automatic execution. From the shell prompt you can type "bind 'set enable-bracketed-paste on'" (you only need the single quotes) to test this.
                Nice! Although it would be even nicer if it was enabled by default, like in Fish shell.

Comment

Linux is a bit faster but:

Linus Torvalds on why desktop Linux sucks - YouTube

Even Linus not delivery your app for Linux but only for Windows and Mac.

What!? Have you watched video that you linked? You know that it is from 2014, right?

Of course that Linus did not know flatpak in 2014 because there was no flatpak at all! Initial flatpak release was in 2015. I'm sure that today Linus knows flatpak very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Using the same engine doesn't mean it's just a skin. Would you say that Vivaldi with its enormous amount of settings and UI customization through JS and CSS is just a skin? And how about Falkon, which uses the same Chromium engine but isn't even compatible with Chromium extensions (i.e. one of the basics of Chromium)?
                    Yeah, I'd say those are just new shells around pre-existing engines.

There's nothing wrong with that. But you should absolutely expect those browsers to run webpages just like Chromium, because that's where the engine comes from.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

Some of the differences are two digit. Better to be funny than stupid.
                      Talking about this:

or this:

Yes, you are 100% ugly linux troll.

Oh, and this Linus talk is seven years old, so it's before flatpak was introduced.

The only one that is wrong is you

And NOTHIG change. Important commercial software like eg. MATLAB still don't use FLATPACK, Snap.

Aways funny:

Where is Arch? Where is popular Manjaro???

Do i need a doual bool on linux? One on my Manjaro and second for official support Matlab??

This is funny and you are funny.
                      Last edited by HEL88; 09 May 2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X