Fedora 34 Released As A Hugely Exciting Update For This Linux Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    Why only Windows? macOS, AmigaOS 4 (current), ArcaOS, various Linux DE's, etc. all have minimize buttons by default. The only other OS that I know of that doesn't have it is Haiku, but you can still double-click the title bar to minimize there.
    only windows because it covers 90% of minimize button zealots. and you conveniently forgot about billions of smartphone users who are happy without minimize button (i.e. most computers don't have any minimize button and heaven didn't fall)

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      if you can't comprehend something, the dumb one is usually you
      From your reply it would seem that's you who did not comprehend what he said.
      I'm sure you did, but in an attempt to be unnecessarily rude you kind of made a fool of yourself...

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      only windows because it covers 90% of minimize button zealots. and you conveniently forgot about billions of smartphone users who are happy without minimize button (i.e. most computers don't have any minimize button and heaven didn't fall)
      When someone says that Gnome is a tablet interface stretched on a desktop display, people here usually get mad.
      Now you say that since billions of smartphones don't have and don't need a minimize button, then Gnome doesn't need it either.
      You're sending mixed signals.
      Jokes aside, IMHO the ui/ux of a 5-6" display used mostly in portrait mode should not inspire that of a 15 to 27" used mostly in landscape mode

Comment

if you can't comprehend something, the dumb one is usually you
        Didn't say I couldn't comprehend it

Comment

Eh, most smartphones have a gesture to minimize apps. Okay, it's a gesture rather than a button, but apps get minimized either way.

Btw, I didn't forget about smartphones - I just focused on desktop OS's because you were talking about Windows (WM10 is dead).

Comment

Working...
          X