Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Installer 11 "Bullseye" RC1 Released

Phoronix: Debian Installer 11 "Bullseye" RC1 Released

The installer for the forthcoming Debian 11.0 "Bullseye release is now up to its release candidate phase for testing...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...r-Bullseye-RC1

I have switched to Debian 11 (i.e., Debian testing) since the beginning of the year, after having experienced several major problems with Ubuntu. My main system is an AMD Ryzen 7 desktop with Radeon R580. All our laptops are also AMD Ryzens. Everything works great. This is a great distro--after being a Ubuntu user since the 6.04 days. No looking back. Hardware support is also better with Debian 11 (non-free).

Regarding the amdgpu firmware issue, I don't know what the problems are but according to the Release Errata, it is stated that the amdgpu problems will be fixed before the official Bullseye is released:

"(Amdgpu] Status: Being investigated, to be fixed before the first official Bullseye release."
    Last edited by ping-wu; 23 April 2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Yay! Can't wait. I have prepared refurbished laptop, 2x faster than my old one, waiting for Debian 11. Once it's out, I will install it and I will be set for years.

Comment

Been using Debian 11 for a while, in the past I had to use a prior version of the installer due to some conflicts with Nvidia drivers though that seems to be much improved now that the RTX architecture has better support. I still use one or two versions older installers out of habit.

Comment

Working...
        X