Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Installer 11 "Bullseye" RC1 Released

Phoronix: Debian Installer 11 "Bullseye" RC1 Released

The installer for the forthcoming Debian 11.0 "Bullseye release is now up to its release candidate phase for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have switched to Debian 11 (i.e., Debian testing) since the beginning of the year, after having experienced several major problems with Ubuntu. My main system is an AMD Ryzen 7 desktop with Radeon R580. All our laptops are also AMD Ryzens. Everything works great. This is a great distro--after being a Ubuntu user since the 6.04 days. No looking back. Hardware support is also better with Debian 11 (non-free).

Regarding the amdgpu firmware issue, I don't know what the problems are but according to the Release Errata, it is stated that the amdgpu problems will be fixed before the official Bullseye is released:

"(Amdgpu] Status: Being investigated, to be fixed before the first official Bullseye release."
    Last edited by ping-wu; 23 April 2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Yay! Can't wait. I have prepared refurbished laptop, 2x faster than my old one, waiting for Debian 11. Once it's out, I will install it and I will be set for years.

Comment

Been using Debian 11 for a while, in the past I had to use a prior version of the installer due to some conflicts with Nvidia drivers though that seems to be much improved now that the RTX architecture has better support. I still use one or two versions older installers out of habit.

Comment

Working...
        X