Jonathan Carter Re-Elected As Debian Project Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Their total population is 1,390,885,000 with approximately 359,802,209 women between 15-64. They have more women in that age group than America has people.

In light of that, only 1 in 359,802,209 Indian women being involved with Debian doesn't seem even the slightest bit odd to you? In a country renowned for using computers and being tech support, only one woman is involved in Debian. That isn't odd at all to you?

I don't know enough about their culture to suggest how to get Indian women involved in Debian, Linux, or FOSS in general, but seeing the raw numbers I see her point completely and think it's very strange.
    India is not a first world country but dispite of that situation they "produce" a lot of It professionals (male or female) there. It is really odd that she is the only one. I think I have met more female IT Professionals from India here in germany than "native" german female IT professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by sandain
      I personally know over a dozen female scientists and coders that could run circles around your tiny little pea brain. You should be ashamed of writing such racist and sexist bullshit.
      Wow, a dozen? I could still probably out-smart you and all 12 of them put together in my sleep.

Next!

Originally posted by sandain
      Ada Lovelace has a programming language named after her.
      She's the exception that proves the rule. Also, Queen Elizabeth had a cruise liner named after her, but she couldn't build one herself.
      Last edited by 60Hz; 19 April 2021, 05:09 AM.

Comment

"She acknowledged that while Debian has invested "a good amount of money" in diversity programs like Outreachy it hasn't yielded the expected outcome and hoped to better evaluate and address it as the DPL."

When will these diversity-focused people realize that there is simply much less interest for computer sciences among women? Of course, there are women who are interested in it too, but compared to men, a lot-lot less. This is the reason why we have more men working in software development, not because women aren't welcome. They ARE welcome, and they always were.

Similar thing why the blacklist->blocklist thing was stupid. That was a year ago now. Now I want to see how it helped the kernel and other projects increase their non-white developers. It didn't? How surprising. The choice of naming in technical contexts was never the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimA View Post
          When will these diversity-focused people realize that there is simply much less interest for computer sciences among women? Of course, there are women who are interested in it too, but compared to men, a lot-lot less.
          The women who are genuinely interested in technology and computer science tend to look down on these misguided attempts to convince more women to join the field. It's nothing more than patronizing and the kind of women it attracts into the industry, with a chip on their shoulder and a "boss b1tch" attitude, never last long.

The only ones who last any length of time in the industry are the small number who find their own way into it (due to a real interest) and the neo-Marxist grifters who run "diversity" programs and misappropriate all the cash put into them.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Hz

Speaking of IQ; you can barely even form a coherent sentence or conceive of an original thought...
            sind deine 60Hz flimmerfrei - Könntest du auch in meiner Muttersprache argumentieren?
            Vielleicht ist dein Deutsch besser als mein Englisch und ich attestiere dir eine gewisse kognitive Fähigkeit.
            Aber außer Belanglosigkeiten wirst du nicht viel hervorbringen.

Deine Argumentation basiert auf einfachem Negieren und anschließendem Ausschmücken mit Fäkalsprache - bravo!

Vermutlich bist du nicht mal in der Lage dieses ohne Google Ãœberstetzer zu lesen. Mach dich nicht zu einer Karikatur deiner selbst.

Die Welt ist so einfach wenn man zu < 2sigma gehört oder 60Hz?

Comment

Originally posted by 60Hz View Post

Wow, a dozen? I could still probably out-smart you and all 12 of them put together in my sleep.

Next!
              Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV ...natural genius you are.

Originally posted by 60Hz View Post
              She's the exception that proves the rule. Also, Queen Elizabeth had a cruise liner named after her, but she couldn't build one herself.
              Wow sophisticated arguments sir! how old are you? 12?
              Don't you think adult content pages are more interesting for guys in your age?
              Last edited by CochainComplex; 19 April 2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultimA View Post
                "She acknowledged that while Debian has invested "a good amount of money" in diversity programs like Outreachy it hasn't yielded the expected outcome and hoped to better evaluate and address it as the DPL."

When will these diversity-focused people realize that there is simply much less interest for computer sciences among women? Of course, there are women who are interested in it too, but compared to men, a lot-lot less. This is the reason why we have more men working in software development, not because women aren't welcome. They ARE welcome, and they always were.

Similar thing why the blacklist->blocklist thing was stupid. That was a year ago now. Now I want to see how it helped the kernel and other projects increase their non-white developers. It didn't? How surprising. The choice of naming in technical contexts was never the problem.
                Like I tried to point out earlier -- a lot of this comes back to Debian's advertising; Linux and FOSS advertising in general. Doesn't matter how diverse and woke you want to be if you can't or don't get the message out. Doesn't matter how technically superior Linux, BSD, and FOSS are if no one knows about them. And I'm saying that from an American perspective where we might actually be exposed to FOSS advertising; but we're usually not. Even in a tech-centric country FOSS isn't well known and intentionally used...like, Android is unintentional FOSS usage. Yeah, they're using FOSS, but it isn't intentional FOSS usage, you know?

2012: We Linux users strive to be the 1%ers...of gamers.
                2021: We Linux users strive to be the 1%ers...of gamers.
                We're really doing a great job getting the message out.

If we can't get the Fun number to change, why would the Pro number change?

Comment

Jizzle me Crizzles. It's like I woke up in a 1890s Eugenics Presentation.

Comment

@Cochain and others: That discussion has really degraded into an offtopic personal insult competition. Beside being completely pointless, it also doesn't exactly help raise the forum's niveau. Please stop it, otherwise I hope a mod will do something.

Comment

I'm just thankful two developers were up for the position. It's the projects who put MBA / law / soft science majors at the top that end up being the most taxing to non-idiot users.
                      ... Mozilla.

Comment

Working...
                      X