Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 21.04 Testing Week Continues For Taming The Hirsute Hippo

Phoronix: Ubuntu 21.04 Testing Week Continues For Taming The Hirsute Hippo

Kicked off this past Thursday and running through 7 April is the Ubuntu 21.04 "Testing Week" for helping to test the new changes and catch any remaining issues with there being now just three weeks to go to the final release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hope they pushed past 5.11.5/6 before release. Had some bluetooth/wifi stability issues up until that point. Seems there was a buffer overflow/memory bug in a few of the device drivers.

Comment

Would have liked to see pipewire for audio and GNOME 40, as well as KDE Wayland sessions from them but it's still going to be a pretty solid release.

Comment

Failed install, failed install, successful install, black screen with blinking white dot at top left after reboot.
        I will wait till later.

Comment

Originally posted by Radtraveller View Post
          Failed install, failed install, successful install, black screen with blinking white dot at top left after reboot.
          I will wait till later.
          Hirsute Hippo needs a conditioner, then.

Comment

Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post
            Would have liked to see pipewire for audio and GNOME 40, as well as KDE Wayland sessions from them but it's still going to be a pretty solid release.
            They're conservative and use a lot of GNOME plugins so 40 not yet isn't that surprising. Same with pipewere. It isn't that spread in use outside of a small set of users on rolling distributions like Fedora, Arch, Gentoo, and SUSE.

I would have liked to have seen their ZFS installer added to Kubuntu. Kind of disappointed me when I read that on their bug tracker the other day.

Comment

Maybe they should get around to fixing that bug from 2013 that makes the desktop unusable https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-shell/+bug/1181666

Comment

Working...
              X