Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    The theme is so wonderful. Nobody can live without it...

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Lilo has some games that can be used while you ponder which OS choice to boot

Leave a comment:

• crispy
    replied
    Tbh, someone should code in a little silly game to play while the system is loading. Pong would be excellent.

Splash screen with a game >>>>>>> all graphic effects.. You would probably even see people rebooting just to finish stage 1 :|

Maybe forcing the system back in the load process for every ball you dont catch? And give you bonus load time by not loading all the system components - might be an advantage for vista

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Why is it that whenever X starts up there's always some garbled mess on the screen before the mouse cursor shows up?
    it happens in xf86-video-ati driver.

i guess memory is not cleared before display is initialized. i can see checkerboard of my previous desktop session even after hot reboot of the entire system (ctrl+alt+del one).

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    I don't get it, what's so exciting about a boot splash screen? Better try to improve boot times, suspend/resume support and power management so there's no need to watch a useless splash screen, really.
    It just shows that they are finally working on the looks.

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    I don't get it, what's so exciting about a boot splash screen? Better try to improve boot times, suspend/resume support and power management so there's no need to watch a useless splash screen, really.

Leave a comment:

• Ant P.
    replied
    Originally posted by aaaantoine View Post
    Why is it that whenever X starts up there's always some garbled mess on the screen before the mouse cursor shows up?
    Depends on the driver, I guess. I've never seen it happen on any of mine... (well, except when opengl stuff crashes)

Leave a comment:

• madman2k
    replied
    dont you trust in ext4, or why else do you still use ext3?

Leave a comment:

• remm
    replied
    With F11, I get 0 mess today

Leave a comment:

• aaaantoine
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X