Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 34 Beta Released With PipeWire In Action, GNOME 40 Desktop

Phoronix: Fedora 34 Beta Released With PipeWire In Action, GNOME 40 Desktop

Fedora 34 Beta is out today as the march is on towards this latest installment of this Red Hat sponsored Linux distribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Direct Link to ISO from Fedora server :

Comment

Fedora 34 beta ate my data twice in the past few weeks... I'm using btrfs with similar kernels in lots of other system and I never had any issue, so I'm wondering if it could be linked to the recent gjs regression (or maybe the SSD is starting to fail somehow). Last time I started a system upgrade with PackageKit (Gnome Software) it didn't manage to remount the system after the reboot and then it refused to mount even in ro,recovery mode. I will wait for beta 1.4 and try to reinstall, maybe avoiding using PackageKit altogether this time.
      By the way snapper not supporting PackageKit is really annoying, please fix this ASAP: https://github.com/rpm-software-mana...dnf/issues/313
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Any Fedora or Red Hat employee here, please, ask someone to fix the Earth globe on that page, the South America map is warped.

Comment

I really hope pipewire proves to be reliant enough to make it into the final release. Finally having pro-audio use cases covered out of the box is a huge milestone. Looking forward to update my system in a couple of days!

Comment

Originally posted by acobar View Post
            Any Fedora or Red Hat employee here, please, ask someone to fix the Earth globe on that page, the South America map is warped.
            Even more, I find it funny they try to stress a global effort but put USA basically in the center of the projection. I know Red Hat (and IBM) is an American company, but the message ends up kindda contradictory.

BTW is that a projection? Ecuador is so warped (inversely curved) it seems that if that's actually a projection it must be a really strange one.

Comment

I mean, when showing a globe, someone will be in the back

Comment

Originally posted by sabian2008 View Post

Even more, I find it funny they try to stress a global effort but put USA basically in the center of the projection. I know Red Hat (and IBM) is an American company, but the message ends up kindda contradictory.

BTW is that a projection? Ecuador is so warped (inversely curved) it seems that if that's actually a projection it must be a really strange one.
                IBM has offices worldwide.

Comment

Fedora is just awesome, I just wish DNF were faster...

Comment

You see Ecuador that way because of gravitational lensing. That's not a globe...it's IBM's Quantum Computer causing a black hole. Which leads to the Fedora Paradox. Inside the Fedora is a country called Ecuador. It's either projected correctly or not. Only until you observe it will you know.

Comment

Working...
                    X