Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed's Very Busy Week With An Entire Rebuild, Latest KDE Packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE Tumbleweed's Very Busy Week With An Entire Rebuild, Latest KDE Packages

Phoronix: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed's Very Busy Week With An Entire Rebuild, Latest KDE Packages

For users of the rolling-release openSUSE Tumbleweed distribution, it's been a very active past week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you very much for enlightening the news with openSuse related stories as, in my humble opinion, openSUSE is one of the most underrated gnu/linux distributions.

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
      Thank you very much for enlightening the news with openSuse related stories as, in my humble opinion, openSUSE is one of the most underrated gnu/linux distributions.
      It really is a nice OS and setup. I really enjoyed their KDE setup last month when I was setting up my new system and trying different things out. I've just never been too keen working with RPMs so I always end up moving to other pastures.

I've been running the majority of that software on Manjaro, just updated to Plasma 5.21.3 yesterday, and have been having a good time. I'm sure Tumbleweed folks will too.

Comment

I am waiting for OpenSUSE to pick up the standalone XWayland package.

Comment

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed is my "go to" for desktop installation. As soon as OpenSUSE 15.3 is out, will start to play with it on my personal servers. I want to consolidate, my memory is not what it used to be anymore and the more similar the systems are, the better.

Comment

I have been using it for three years both Gnome and KDE, I find it fantastic, once I learned how to manage repositories, I never had any problems, even if in Tumbleweed I only add packman. If I need something that is not there, I go to flatpak.
            Nice to see something about Tumbleweed every now and then, rolling distributions, never having new versions sometimes are often forgotten by blogs.
            Last edited by Charlie68; 21 March 2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Work laptop now on 2 years of weekly openSUSE TW updates and still going strong !
              That rebuild update mentioned in the article updated 4000 packages without a hitch.

Comment

I've been using OpenSuse since 2009, and my current installation is from 2012.

I think zypper is the best package manager, and yast is the best … something unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                  I am waiting for OpenSUSE to pick up the standalone XWayland package.
                  Coming Soon !! (™)

However, if you can't wait any longer, then here's your special 1-Click [™] install link:

Comment

Installed the last Tumbleweed build here and my connection doesn't work very well with my 2.5GbE Realtek or with my USB dock with a Realtek NIC.

On Fedora just works. I'm going back to Fedora.

Comment

Working...
                    X