Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Aims For Higher Quality LTS Point Releases

Phoronix: Ubuntu Aims For Higher Quality LTS Point Releases

New restrictions will be in place beginning with Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS this summer to try to enforce better quality releases with less regressions by enforcing better quality control...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"New restrictions will be in place beginning with Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS this summer to try to enforce better quality releases with less regressions by enforcing better quality control."

"...better quality control" than what, and when, exactly?

Ubuntu's BETTER QUALITY CONTROL is precisely why Linux Mint lost its many-year-long ranking as the #1 distro (and will never recover), just as soon as Mint adopted Ubuntu LTS (starting with 16.04) as its base. Linux Mint now = Ubuntu Mint.

Comment

Originally posted by danmcgrew View Post
      [I]Ubuntu's BETTER QUALITY CONTROL is precisely why Linux Mint lost its many-year-long ranking as the #1 distro (and will never recover), just as soon as Mint adopted Ubuntu LTS (starting with 16.04) as its base. Linux Mint now = Ubuntu Mint.
      It adopted Ubuntu LTS with 14.04 in 2014. If you mean distowatch ranking, it was actually number 1 untill 2018 when it was overtaken by Manjaro.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

It adopted Ubuntu LTS with 14.04 in 2014. If you mean distowatch ranking, it was actually number 1 untill 2018 when it was overtaken by Manjaro.
        Funny thing about Distrowatch - looking at their past 30 day data, almost all of the ups were distributions that either Michael wrote about or we discussed in the forums afterwards.

We iz Linux trend setterz

Comment

Ultimately, it will become Debian again

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

Distrowatch... Puhleeze! The most meaningless metric ever.

Comment

Higher quality means more outdated software, right ?

Comment

They just want to be more Debian-like

Comment

Is there any Super Super Stable Distro out there like ...debian(debian()) ?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

We iz Linux trend setterz
                    Lets summon the masses and try to push some rediculous distro just to push "I just switched to linux" youtubers makeing a "I'm using Red Star Linux as my daily driver since 6 month ...I will tell you why im loving it vid >

Comment

Working...
                    X