Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slackware 15.0 On Approach With An Early Alpha Build Available

Phoronix: Slackware 15.0 On Approach With An Early Alpha Build Available

While Slackware carries the badge of being the oldest still maintained Linux distribution, it doesn't see new releases too often and doesn't carry the popularity it once did. In any case, Slackware 15.0 is being prepared as the next release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This was my first Linux distribution. It was a good distribution for a nerd to learn all commands, scripting and compiling kernels.

Comment

I used to be a Slacker, but then I stopped drinking, got a job and started using a real OS (Windows).

Comment

Just gonna point out, there's a Patreon for Slackware: https://www.patreon.com/slackwarelinux

Comment

Nice, unfortunately they have no ISO on the mirrors. I am already running Slackware current (which is "15.0 alpha"). Easy and fast install, easy to maintain, and good performance. All the latest LTS stuff, and very flexible package management. Even a point-and-click person can use Slackware these days, with some tools.

Comment

I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about slack... But YAY!

Comment

o
              Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              This was my first Linux distribution. It was a good distribution for a nerd to learn all commands, scripting and compiling kernels.
              Mine too... back in '94... damn that's a long time ago!

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
                I used to be a Slacker, but then I stopped drinking, got a job and started using a real OS (Windows).
                I too started as a slacker in around 94 or 95, stopped drinking, got a job and keep using a real OS, slackware (home) and debian (work). My last windows was windows 7 (and even that was for some games), never touch all other windows ever since. It's soooo good to be free!

Comment

It's so nice to see this project still going!

Comment

Circa 2004 Slackware was my favorite distribution until about 08.

Comment

Working...
                    X