Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linspire 10 Released - Claims Of "Most Meticulously Designed & Engineered FOSS Desktop"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linspire 10 Released - Claims Of "Most Meticulously Designed & Engineered FOSS Desktop"

Phoronix: Linspire 10 Released - Claims Of "Most Meticulously Designed & Engineered FOSS Desktop"

Linspire 10 is out this week as the newest version of this Linux distribution formerly known as Lindows nearly two decades ago. While Linspire went dark for several years, under its current ownership by PC/OpenSystems they have been trying to reinvigorate the desktop distribution the past few years. Linspire 10 represents the latest work for the Ubuntu-based platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I get that they're pushing the marketing hard, but... words fail me beyond that.

Comment

Lol. What?

Comment

The Year of the Linux Desktop is finally here

Comment

really now....and they claim that with that ugly gnome DE?

Comment

They would stand a better chance of their goal if they simply bundled in a vanilla Gnome 2

Then they might have some serious chance of becoming *the* desktop distro.

Comment

This article has inspired me to re-watch Used Cars (1980) tonight....

Comment

Hmmm interesting.
                I would pay 30$ for a pure systemd distro (no upstart bridging mess. not sure if linspire is that) without snap and first class zfs support (no dkms)

But... I can't trust them to stay around.

Comment

So what's their unique selling point beside the colorful wallpaper?

Comment

Wow not gnome, much designed desktop, so unique

Comment

Working...
                    X