Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solus 4.2 Released With Linux 5.10 Kernel, Other Updated Packages

Phoronix: Solus 4.2 Released With Linux 5.10 Kernel, Other Updated Packages

For fans of the Solus Linux distribution, Solus 4.2 is now available as the project's latest release for this optimized, desktop-minded platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is and isn't a big deal at the same time. As Solus is a rolling distro almost noting changes to the current users. But on the other hand the previous ISO was so old you couldn't install it on some modern hardware. I really hope we can get ISO updates more frequently in the future.

Comment

Worst distro i ever tried, doesnt even support btrfs......

Comment

The very fast very easy to install anoying distro. I'm no distro hopper. Happy Arch user but still holding for updates to Aryalinux so it becomes rolling/ upgradeable.

Comment

Don't forget native support for exFAT is wired in on Solus, now that exFAT is finally stable enough, so exfat-fuse can finally be removed.

Comment

Are they started to do 1 MiB alignment in their installer?

Comment

Originally posted by pkunk View Post
              Are they started to do 1 MiB alignment in their installer?
              If this is what you mean, then yes: https://github.com/getsolus/os-installer/pull/2

Comment

Originally posted by siyia View Post
                Worst distro i ever tried, doesnt even support btrfs......

Comment

Best rolling distro out there, using it 2 years now. Stable and no issues as packages are tested in proper time compared to Manjaro.

Comment

Any news on the Budgie 11 front?

Budgie has come a long way but you can feel it hasn't yet the same maturity as the big DEs. I have high hopes for Budgie 11 though, but it's been a long time coming now.

Comment

Working...
                    X