X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pabloski
    replied
    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Does anyone even have an NVIDIA card these days? You should update to modern hardware to run a modern day OS!

I get you sarcasm. But, on a side note, I have boycotted Nvidia and don't use their hardware because of their horrible track record with opensource. Let's hope they don't ruin the ARM world too, otherwise we will need to jump on the RISC-V bandwagon.

Leave a comment:

• Hi-Angel
    replied
    Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post

I'm not a developer sorry, what "locked up" means please? He dropped/disregarded them? Or did you mean "looked up"?
    Thanks
    It's a github feature that "limits conversation to collaborators" (which I guess means only members of the project are able to comment). The PRs and issue were closed as well, and no comments were added.

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    Wait, wut? I thought Fedora had switched to Wayland by default? Shouldn't they be shipping Sway then?
    I guess so, in an ideal, logical and functional world

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
    He locked up both our PRs
    I'm not a developer sorry, what "locked up" means please? He dropped/disregarded them? Or did you mean "looked up"?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• fagzal
    replied
    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

Does anyone even have an NVIDIA card these days? You should update to modern hardware to run a modern day OS!

Decades ago I remember having to install a proprietary driver for my mouse to work on MS-DOS. That is ancient stuff. No-one does that any more except you and NVIDIA it seems
    Well, show me a passively cooled, sub-70$ AMD GPU card with 4 HDMI output then

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    Wait, wut? I thought Fedora had switched to Wayland by default? Shouldn't they be shipping Sway then?
    Fedora Workstation uses Wayland by default via GNOME. The i3 Spin is handled by Fedora i3 Special Interest Grioup (SIG). Contributors are welcome to create a Sway spin as they wish by following this guideline and as long they are willing to actively maintain it.

Leave a comment:

• asgardbsd
    replied
    Originally posted by Calinou View Post

As a native French speaker, switching keyboard layouts to write English isn't nearly as common since you can write perfect English on an AZERTY keyboard. (The opposite isn't true; you can't write "proper" French with accents on an US QWERTY keyboard.)

There are some use cases for switching to QWERTY on Linux (such as some old/uncooperative games not using physical key codes and not having remappable keys, like Among Us). That said, I think it's fine to switch globally using a hotkey since it's an uncommon enough use case.
    Well, there is perfectly fine and great QWERTY french layout. Use either canadian french, or my favorite one, canadian multilingual

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by royce View Post

A trick for the french speaker who also wants to use a querty layout is to switch to ES. Spain's Spanish layout has all of the accents used in french and some of the special chars like ç as they're in use in Spanish, Catalan and Galician to which this layout caters for.
    US QWERTY with dead keys (Dvorak too) has the same accents. Just press ' and e to get é, for example. Very easy to do.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Calinou View Post

As a native French speaker, switching keyboard layouts to write English isn't nearly as common since you can write perfect English on an AZERTY keyboard. (The opposite isn't true; you can't write "proper" French with accents on an US QWERTY keyboard.)
    Unless you're using US QWERTY with dead keys. Or just use a one-fits-all like I do: Dvorak with dead keys

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X