Fedora Looks To Overhaul Its Community Outreach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hubick View Post
    Huh, and here I thought the main forms of outreach on Linux were just telling frustrated bug reporters on bugzilla that it's open source and to STFU and send patches
    For some reason your post gave me the idea to cut up old clothes into squares and literally send my patches in. What's the Fedora mailing address

I wonder if they got a box of patches if they'd get the joke?

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Whatever you say IBM. Tell it to all the CentOS community members that just ditched you.
      what is your problem? i love IBM and i love redhat and i love fedora...
      i switched all my systems from debian to Fedora in the end of 2020...

i really do not unterstand what these people have done to you???

did they come into your home and killed your wife?

they even support CentOS if you pay them money... they only do a service if you pay them and they do a lot of service for free to.

so what is your problem?

my problem with debian is this: the actual leader of debian is a "marxist" and BLM supporter what is a marxist terror groub...

i do not support terror so i switched from debian to Fedora.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Didn't even read to not work myself up))

They're meddling with this "community outreach" stuff for so long now, I see only two outcomes - it either finally dawns on somebody in charge that this abomination should be stopped or... "If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape"

Leaving it to you to decide what's more probable)

But eventually it'll come to 1)

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          Then the Logic Model is a flawed design.
          Probably better to phrase that as "this graphical representation of a logic model has a flaw". With that rephrasing, it's a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by dirlewanger88
            I agree with your reasons for avoiding Debian, but you've jumped out of the fire and into the frying pan.
            yes maybe you are right. but Fedora works well with my AMD hardware... and other distros had problems to install on my laptop because hardware was to new and fedora had no problems
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by mos87 View Post
              Didn't even read to not work myself up))

They're meddling with this "community outreach" stuff for so long now, I see only two outcomes - it either finally dawns on somebody in charge that this abomination should be stopped or... "If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape"

Leaving it to you to decide what's more probable)

But eventually it'll come to 1)
              Or they could simply reach out to people that are qualified and want a Computer Science related career. I have no problem with reaching out to capable minorities who have shown interest and potential, but when you hire complete idiots just to fill quotas it is a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

yes maybe you are right. but Fedora works well with my AMD hardware... and other distros had problems to install on my laptop because hardware was to new and fedora had no problems
                You perfectly describe why I have a love hate relationship with Fedora!!!!! If you want to run new hardware it is one of the better choice out there. If you want trouble free Fedora might not want to be your distro. You certainly don't want Fedora if you want to avoid stupid experiments like Modular.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

Or they could simply reach out to people that are qualified and want a Computer Science related career. I have no problem with reaching out to capable minorities who have shown interest and potential, but when you hire complete idiots just to fill quotas it is a big problem.
                  exactly as it is in every other professional field (or any walk of life indeed).

Blatant protectionalism is CANCER
                  In this case its even worse, cos its not your regular nepotism or some other form of favoritism but smells more like politics crossed with religion. THE worst combo imaginable.

Comment

Working...
                  X