Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Looks To Overhaul Its Community Outreach

Phoronix: Fedora Looks To Overhaul Its Community Outreach

In addition to pursuing many technical changes for its Linux distribution like systemd-oomd by default, Btrfs Zstd compression, and standalone XWayland releases, the Fedora project is also looking to overhaul its community outreach this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Big Corporate Speak. Much Talk. Wow.

edit:
    I'm just joking. You folk do whatever you want to do.
    Last edited by gens; 12 January 2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I know that there are many haters for Red Hat, but so far when they have announced or started big initiatives with Fedora, they have delivered.

They may fail, but I trust those involved in the Fedora project and that Red Hat wouldnt introduce an initiative without giving it sufficient financal and manpower clout.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
        I know that there are many haters for Red Hat, but so far when they have announced or started big initiatives with Fedora, they have delivered.

They may fail, but I trust those involved in the Fedora project and that Red Hat wouldnt introduce an initiative without giving it sufficient financal and manpower clout.
        Perhaps. As to whether said "big initiative" is something the community actually wants, that's another discussion....

Comment

That's a lot of marketing/psych stuff. I don't know what all that means, but if it makes a better product, good for everyone.

Comment

I wonder what was in that improperly removed 4th column 🤔

Comment

Whatever you say IBM. Tell it to all the CentOS community members that just ditched you.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                I wonder what was in that improperly removed 4th column 🤔
                My guess is 'Optics', but that it was too much realspeak (and controversy) for a public-facing document, so someone just moved that column over to hide it for the image. But it's more of a pain to open a completely closed column again, so they left enough to drag back out easily.

Also, I like the humour in the picture Michael used. Cross-body facepalm. I wonder what the man at the Fedora booth was looking at. (An Outreach plan perhaps?)

Comment

Some comic book creator should create a villain named Mindshare who started out as marketing rep before acquiring their superpower and seeking to control the populace.

Comment

Can anybody please explain to me what they mean by "Red Hat sponsored"? Are Fedora developers on RH's payroll? Or is RH simply a major donor and contributor to an independent Fedora project?

Comment

Working...
                    X