Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 34 Planning To Offer LXQt 0.16 Desktop Packages

Phoronix: Fedora 34 Planning To Offer LXQt 0.16 Desktop Packages

Keeping up with Fedora's tradition of offering the very latest open-source software packages, the straight-forward proposal was made this week to update its lightweight LXQt desktop packages against the new LXQt 0.16...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder why they not offer the PIXEL desktop instead, the real successor to LXDE. The one that actually fulfils the promises of being light on CPU, RAM and GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
      I wonder why they not offer the PIXEL desktop instead, the real successor to LXDE. The one that actually fulfils the promises of being light on CPU, RAM and GPU.
      It is up to one of contributors willing to do so and taking responsibility of maintaining PIXEL in Fedora.

Comment

isn't Pixel still GTK2?

Comment

As in PIXEL (Pi Improved Xwindows Environment, Lightweight)

Comment

Working...
          X