No announcement yet.

Debian 11 "Bullseye" KDE Stack Settling On Plasma 5.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's weird, LTS release is 5.18, why not settle on that?
    Last edited by Sin2x; 23 December 2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Did they fix the video corruption bug inside Virtualbox? It was long enough ago that I forget the details, but last time I tried using KDE it didn't play well as a guest with that video driver. IIRC it was a kwin issue.

I ended up going back to XFCE 4.12 at the time... which given the bug in the clock program is mildly annoying.

If anyone's on Debian OldStable and interested, try setting it to display AM/PM instead of 24-hour time via the GUI, and all settings WILL be reset to defaults -- you HAVE to do it via manually, then make that config file read-only before relaunching the clock plugin.The bug was fixed for 4.14, but only because the relevant code was completely rewritten for GTK3... which obviously is not helpful for the GTK2 4.12.

I looked at it at the time, but C is read-only to me and I didn't have the time to learn GTK2 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post
        Did they fix the video corruption bug inside Virtualbox? It was long enough ago that I forget the details, but last time I tried using KDE it didn't play well as a guest with that video driver. IIRC it was a kwin issue.

I ended up going back to XFCE 4.12 at the time... which given the bug in the clock program is mildly annoying.

If anyone's on Debian OldStable and interested, try setting it to display AM/PM instead of 24-hour time via the GUI, and all settings WILL be reset to defaults -- you HAVE to do it via manually, then make that config file read-only before relaunching the clock plugin.The bug was fixed for 4.14, but only because the relevant code was completely rewritten for GTK3... which obviously is not helpful for the GTK2 4.12.

I looked at it at the time, but C is read-only to me and I didn't have the time to learn GTK2 anyway.
        No problems since beginning of 2013 with Debian GNU/Linux (wild and bad Frankendebian with unstable, testing and sid) , KDE Plasma (X *and* Wayland (5.19 is good enough for me)) and VirtualBox under daily to weekly use. Intel CPU+iGPU, AMD dGPU. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
        X