Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linspire 10 Beta Released - Claims To Be #1 Linux Distro For New/Intermediate/Power Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linspire 10 Beta Released - Claims To Be #1 Linux Distro For New/Intermediate/Power Users

Phoronix: Linspire 10 Beta Released - Claims To Be #1 Linux Distro For New/Intermediate/Power Users

Linspire, an early Linux distribution with its roots tracing back to "Lindows" that went dormant and then resurrected in 2018 and continuing an Ubuntu-based distribution, is out ahead of the holidays with its Linspire 10 beta release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu-based; Power Users; App Cafe Software Center

One of these things is not like the others.

Comment

i would say that linux mint cinnamon is probably very user friendly and is base on ubuntu too and for me cinnamon look way better than this xfce.

Comment

If this ain't second degree, I'm very worried for their sanity.

Comment

that screeshot, the whole site and everything else about Linspire looks like they are still in 2000.

Comment

Y'all realize the pic in the article is KDE from 2005 and not XFCE from 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              Y'all realize the pic in the article is KDE from 2005 and not XFCE from 2020?
              yup! that's why I wrote explicitly about the screenshot Michael posted and not about their actual theme
              on the other side, their website is actually really really old-fashioned and they need to fix it, IMHO.

Comment

"Along with updated branding and design we have made significant advancements that once again proves - if there was ever any doubt - Linspire is the number one Linux distribution for new, intermediate and power users."

Nope, there was never any doubt at all.

This really looks like one guy's pet project, from what I see on that site.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

This really looks like one guy's pet project, from what I see on that site.
                  Yup, every expense spared too by hosting the site on Blogger while expecting you to cough up cash.

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post
                    on the other side, their website is actually really really old-fashioned and they need to fix it, IMHO.
                    Even more so than Debian's website?

Comment

Working...
                    X