Fedora Shifting Their Git Repositories To "Main", Some To "Rawhide"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xorbe View Post
    Time to whip up sjw controversy about "main" somehow. Aren't we marginalizing "non-main" people now? How can we have equality as long as this main and non-main situation persists? #CancelAllMain
    Hah! Out of the frying pan and into the fire! I think I did ask a similar question a while back... How is software equal while some parts literally control others, and some are considered more valuable than others? I feel excluded just thinking about it...

#CancelAllMain

Comment

"Crown" is the patrician's choice.

Comment

IMHO master is a very good name.
        When I see it I associate it with you doing a good job. Being a master in something you do.

The people who want to remove it obviously associate master with slaves,
        why would they do that in 2020?
        Last edited by Damian_Ivanov; 23 December 2020, 02:25 AM.

Comment

PETA will hate them. They already hate each game with hunting experience.

Comment

Originally posted by dirlewanger88
            • I wonder how many people avoid going to university to get a MASTERS degree?
            • I wonder how many people avoid REMASTERED music/movies/games?
            • I wonder how many people refuse to use software because there was a GOLD MASTER copy (a term that Red Hat was using last I checked)
            • I wonder when Red Hat are going to stop using the term "MASTER storage domain"
            • etc.
            It must be really tiring having so many first world problems and not enough hours in the day to virtue signal.
            Old Masters - Art fields

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

i could not find any insulting by calling my car mechanics: master of car mechanics...
              my local electrician in germany has also a Master title of his professional training degree...
              i am in the same boot like you i can not find any insulting about the word "Master"

if we had used BDSM spreech and call it "Dominus" instead of "Master" then we could really argue that there is no Dominus without a slave in the BDSM play...

the Wort Dominus is conected to "Dominance and submission" and slave is the Submission part.

most people do not know much about Rhetoric and words basically there are 3 types of the same meaning...

it is Dominus(negativ meaning) vs Master (neutral meaning) vs Mentor (Positive meaning)

means all 3 words means basically the same Dominus/Master/Mentor but they have different connotation means Dominus is used in negative way and master is used in neutral way and Mentor is only used in a positive way.
              I like Dominus ... instead of master ,,,makes Software Development more kinky and Linus can start ranting again because it is part of the game - saveword will be Bill Gates or something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

I like Dominus ... instead of master ,,,makes Software Development more kinky and Linus can start ranting again because it is part of the game - saveword will be Bill Gates or something like this.
                Or dominatrix... That will get a rant.
                GOD is REAL unless declared as an INTEGER.

Comment

yes you are a master of concept in the FLOSS development.
                  i really like your idea.. make the sentence: "I love Bill Gates" the save word for all the social justice worriers...

and be sure if they use the save words: "I love Bill Gates" ...
                  we will threat them with great respect.
                  Be very very very sure about this LOL....
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

As a former Hindu, I say cut the crap. There is NOTHING wrong with the name rawhide. It's not offensive in any way.

Religious people have been mollycoddled for too long, they can go fuck themselves. These Hindu right wing extremists have gotten out of hand, getting "offended" at everything, while running around raping, lynching and murdering people.

This is basically like pandering to the KKK, Nazis or ISIS sentiments. Don't.

Comment

PETA will hate them. They already hate each game with hunting experience.
                      AC Origins and AC Odyssey have this weird hatred for animals. Some of the content in the game is literally "go kill alpha animal"

I can understand self defense against attacking animals, I can understand killing animals for meat and fur (these games are set in ancient Egypt and Greece). But "kill alpha animal" as content, whhhhyyyyyyy.

Comment

Working...
                      X