Clear All

• kingu
    replied
    "Crown" is the patrician's choice.

Leave a comment:

• doomie
    replied
    Originally posted by xorbe View Post
    Time to whip up sjw controversy about "main" somehow. Aren't we marginalizing "non-main" people now? How can we have equality as long as this main and non-main situation persists? #CancelAllMain
    Hah! Out of the frying pan and into the fire! I think I did ask a similar question a while back... How is software equal while some parts literally control others, and some are considered more valuable than others? I feel excluded just thinking about it...

#CancelAllMain

Leave a comment:

• blackiwid
    replied
    At least our fashist feminist leaders did not cancel Fedora like they did with the best sci-fi series "the expansie" so all hail feminists fashist leaders.

Leave a comment:

• scottishduck
    replied
    Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by cen1 View Post
    Fedora is offensive to folks who dislike hats.
    If this was an attempt at humor, you failed.

Leave a comment:

• f0rmat
    replied
    Originally posted by xorbe View Post
    Time to whip up sjw controversy about "main" somehow. Aren't we marginalizing "non-main" people now? How can we have equality as long as this main and non-main situation persists? #CancelAllMain
    What about the people who live along the Main River (pronounced "mine" in German) in Germany? Hell, the major city in Germany called Frankfurt is actually "Frankfurt am Main" and means ( if I am wrong please correct me) "ford of the franks on the main." Everybody else, especially the citizens of Frankfurt am Oder have been marginalized - marginalized by the fact that they live on along a river. Everybody else in the world that does not live on the Main River is Germany is now marginalized.

Leave a comment:

• xorbe
    replied
    Last edited by xorbe; 21 December 2020, 04:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mos87
    replied
    Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post
    I'm not against this, but it doesn't feel like a good use of developer time. I imagine a very small number of individuals were offended by the primary branch being called 'master'.
    Small but vocal. And attention craving.
    that's the main catch

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    What. is. the. problem. with. "master"?!

NONE!
    i could not find any insulting by calling my car mechanics: master of car mechanics...
    my local electrician in germany has also a Master title of his professional training degree...
    i am in the same boot like you i can not find any insulting about the word "Master"

if we had used BDSM spreech and call it "Dominus" instead of "Master" then we could really argue that there is no Dominus without a slave in the BDSM play...

the Wort Dominus is conected to "Dominance and submission" and slave is the Submission part.

most people do not know much about Rhetoric and words basically there are 3 types of the same meaning...

it is Dominus(negativ meaning) vs Master (neutral meaning) vs Mentor (Positive meaning)

means all 3 words means basically the same Dominus/Master/Mentor but they have different connotation means Dominus is used in negative way and master is used in neutral way and Mentor is only used in a positive way.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Also typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Fedora Shifting Their Git Repositories To "Main", Some To "Rawhide"

The Fedora Project is the latest open-source software project working to migrate their Git repositories off using the existing default branch name of "master" and instead using "main" but for some repositories will be "rawhide" where it better aligns with the usage in Fedora Rawhide packages to their development development...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nch-Names-Main

Leave a comment:

Working...
X