X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    already or in f34?
    Good question!
    I was thinking of now, and then the rest of time till f34 would be for bug fixing since it'd get more users.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
      Good question!
      I was thinking of now, and then the rest of time till f34 would be for bug fixing since it'd get more users.
      its author proposed to use it by default in f34, so he thinks it will be ready for testing by testable deadline and he will be able to fix serious issues by code change deadline ( https://fedorapeople.org/groups/sche...key-tasks.html )
      Last edited by pal666; 23 November 2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I think as long as the code is complete by February it meets criteria for inclusion in F34 right?

Comment

its author proposed to use it by default in f34, so he thinks it will be ready for testing by testable deadline and he will be able to fix serious issues by code change deadline ( https://fedorapeople.org/groups/sche...key-tasks.html )
          The other aspect of this is AFAIK they cant set it as default in rawhide to find the bugs out of semi mass usage without aiming to have it as default. By Beta time they should know how close they are and can revert the change if necessary, but with the benefit of multiple months of usage to catch the bugs.

Comment

Yeah I assumed that from the announcement, I just wanted users feedback.

Comment

If I go with this it seems reasonable. We have all dealt with worse. But how do I configure it with out a replacement for kde-settings-pulseaudio? That seems like a deal breaker

Code:
              [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]dnf --allowerasing install pipewire-pulseaudio pipewire-libjack pipewire-alsa --releasever=rawhide[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=monospace]Installing:
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-alsa[/B][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-libjack[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-pulseaudio[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
              Upgrading:
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc[/B][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-all-langpacks[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-common[/B][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-devel[/B][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-headers-x86[/B][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-langpack-en[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire[/B][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-libs[/B][/COLOR]

Installing dependencies:
              [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-jack-audio-connection-kit  [/B][/COLOR]

Removing dependent packages:
              [COLOR=#b21818]alsa-plugins-pulseaudio[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#b21818]bluedevil[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#b21818]jack-audio-connection-kit[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#b21818]kde-settings-pulseaudio[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#b21818]plasma-pa[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#b21818]pulseaudio[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#b21818]pulseaudio-module-bluetooth                                                   [/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#b21818]pulseaudio-module-gconf[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#b21818]pulseaudio-module-x11[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
                If I go with this it seems reasonable. We have all dealt with worse. But how do I configure it with out a replacement for kde-settings-pulseaudio? That seems like a deal breaker
                That would be a packaging error. Pipewire is meant to provide the same command and control options to pulseaudio parts. So plasma-pa and kde-settings-pulseaudio should not have need to be removed as they should have been control interfaces to pipewire by the pulse-audio compatibility part. Everything else in that removed packages list looks right.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post

Code:
                  [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]dnf --allowerasing install pipewire-pulseaudio pipewire-libjack pipewire-alsa --releasever=rawhide[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=monospace]Installing:
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-alsa[/B][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-libjack[/B][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-pulseaudio[/B][/COLOR]
                  Upgrading:
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc[/B][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-all-langpacks[/B][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-common[/B][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-devel[/B][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-headers-x86[/B][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]glibc-langpack-en[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire[/B][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-libs[/B][/COLOR]

Installing dependencies:
                  [COLOR=#54ff54][B]pipewire-jack-audio-connection-kit [/B][/COLOR]

Removing dependent packages:
                  [COLOR=#b21818]alsa-plugins-pulseaudio[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#b21818]bluedevil[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#b21818]jack-audio-connection-kit[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#b21818]kde-settings-pulseaudio[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#b21818]plasma-pa[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#b21818]pulseaudio[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#b21818]pulseaudio-module-bluetooth [/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#b21818]pulseaudio-module-gconf[/COLOR]
                  [COLOR=#b21818]pulseaudio-module-x11[/COLOR][/FONT]
                  The drop-in replacement isn't complete yet, they're supposed to make another pipewire-pulse package that can fully replace Pulseaudio.

I'm on F33 GNOME and trying to replace pulseaudio with pipewire-pulseaudio didn't work at all. The last comment in their mailing list says it's working in Rawhide, but I'm not installing Rawhide just for that (maybe a live image though).
                  Last edited by angrypie; 23 November 2020, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I think you will need this update on Fedora 33 that is currently in updates testing: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/upda...020-d7bb61dc59

The next build for rawhide has a messag that it fixes the requires for pipewire-Pulseaudio, so if it still doesnt work, then a new build will be required.
                    Last edited by You-; 24 November 2020, 12:09 AM.

Comment

It's time to switch towards modernity.

Comment

Working...
                      X