Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 21.04 Is The "Hirsute Hippo", Releasing On 22 April

Phoronix: Ubuntu 21.04 Is The "Hirsute Hippo", Releasing On 22 April

Following last week's Ubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" release, Ubuntu 21.04 development is now getting underway as the Hirsute Hippo...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Hirsute-Hippo

The codename and the desktop wallpaper usually make up for 80% of the forum discussions.

Comment

cl333r That can’t be right. Ignorants also need a big time slot to complain about how Canonical/Ubuntu doesn’t contribute to upstreams.

Comment

Canonical has also announced the 21.04 wallpaper:

Comment

I really hope they make the switch to Wayland (minus on proprietary nv of course) - that would put a lot more weight behind it while leaving enough time for software makers to finally adopt before 22.04. I'm thinking mainly of proprietary software not making use of portals/pipewire for desktop sharing and other X11 specific hacks that are hard to support in Xwayland.

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
            I really hope they make the switch to Wayland (minus on proprietary nv of course) - that would put a lot more weight behind it while leaving enough time for software makers to finally adopt before 22.04. I'm thinking mainly of proprietary software not making use of portals/pipewire for desktop sharing and other X11 specific hacks that are hard to support in Xwayland.
            I hope wayland comes and nvidia comes to finally

Comment

Updates in Ubuntu would be boring if it wasn't for GNOME updates.

Comment

they finally switch to wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  they finally switch to wayland.
                  for the second time, the first was disaster, since the wayland implementation was bad

Comment

JeansenVaars Mutter 40 updates are already extremely interesting. They have merged quite a lot of new and old MRs. No one bothered to blog about it (yet) so some people are in for a nice surprise later

Comment

Working...
                    X